Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello and a bit of help

Hello and a bit of help

First of all hello all, I may/may not have got my first bremont - a supermarine s1

I have a few watches in my reasonable collection

Rolex explorer is
    Panerai 111
    Orange po
    Tudor pelagos lhd
    Tag Monaco blue
    Brietling avenger Seawolf

And now added a supermarine

Now the cheeky help bit, bought the SM off eBay, U.K. Sale ' buy the seller and all that. He had lots of feedback 1200? All good, he had sold watches before. Got it for a good price.

Arrived this morning, I want to run it pass the experts as I am out of my depth with bremont if it is dodgy it is superb

Watch seems to have been registered in Singapore 2014 according to warranty card

Came with bag, box, pouch, warranty card - no chrommeter cert

See pictures

Any obvious signs?

I can't help you much, to be honest! I'm not that familiar with the Supermarines. It looks jolly good to me, though!

If you flick through the posts on here, there's one about dodgy Supermarines and a fella on eBay. If you check it out, you'll find a little more info on the situation. The post did say that the copies are pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I can't help you much, to be honest! I'm not that familiar with the Supermarines. It looks jolly good to me, though!

If you flick through the posts on here, there's one about dodgy Supermarines and a fella on eBay. If you check it out, you'll find a little more info on the situation. The post did say that the copies are pretty good!

Chris,

PM sent.

J.

Bit of an update. With Jakes help (thanks) the watch was confirmed as a fake, its back with its previous owner and I've received my money back. so I had a bremont(ish) for a few days!!!! the important question was what gave it away. As a newbie, the condition seemed pretty perfect, too much so for a 2014 watch, the rubber looked as if it was new. through a loupe I couldn't see anything obvious, the serial number looked as if it done at a different time to the rest as you would expect. The Bezel Lume was poor, and the crown movement was not great if I was to pick two things out but haven't not had any experience I couldn't confirm if that was right or wrong.

The box was what alerted me, it was in poor nick compared to the watch but that could easily happen as not everyone looks after the boxes. THe watch kept good time, +2.5s over 24 hrs apart from day 2 when it lost 10mins in 1hr but I assumed at the time I knocked the crown.

I will keep an eye on the seller and if he tries to re-sell it i'll report him, looking through his history he sold one last month to someone, should I contact him to raise my concerns or do you leave him ignorant bliss?

having had an s500 for a few days I will get another but 1 question does the s2000 wear significantly bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Bit of an update. With Jakes help (thanks) the watch was confirmed as a fake, its back with its previous owner and I've received my money back. so I had a bremont(ish) for a few days!!!! the important question was what gave it away. As a newbie, the condition seemed pretty perfect, too much so for a 2014 watch, the rubber looked as if it was new. through a loupe I couldn't see anything obvious, the serial number looked as if it done at a different time to the rest as you would expect. The Bezel Lume was poor, and the crown movement was not great if I was to pick two things out but haven't not had any experience I couldn't confirm if that was right or wrong.

The box was what alerted me, it was in poor nick compared to the watch but that could easily happen as not everyone looks after the boxes. THe watch kept good time, +2.5s over 24 hrs apart from day 2 when it lost 10mins in 1hr but I assumed at the time I knocked the crown.

I will keep an eye on the seller and if he tries to re-sell it i'll report him, looking through his history he sold one last month to someone, should I contact him to raise my concerns or do you leave him ignorant bliss?

having had an s500 for a few days I will get another but 1 question does the s2000 wear significantly bigger?
    It wasn't just me - I ran it past HQ along with the serial number etc. They came back and agreed (or confirmed!) it was fake.

J.

Update : just seen that the watch is back up for sale. I've reported it but doubt ebay will do anything.

My S2000 on sale in this forum
    It’s fantastic

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

it seems like the faker is at it again. i've reported him to ebay but they haven't done anything. he seems to sell a S500 once per month.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Su...-/332284745827

Bremont should, if they have not already, start thinking about doing something here. I got bitten too, but got my money back. Different seller from Canada though. I noticed that even after I drew his attenton to it and he acted quite surprised that he continued to sell them. It was good, with bix and papers, but had a Chinese movement. I've owned multiple superoceans from an AD and I couldnt tell other than the movement. With these floating around its killing the value of real ones or at very least I would not be willing to purchase a second hand one at all unless I could see the movement.
    MBII-topper
    U2-t
    Wright Flyer
    Some old submariners, Zenith, Blancpain, GO, Omega, Breitling etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Bremont should, if they have not already, start thinking about doing something here. I got bitten too, but got my money back. Different seller from Canada though. I noticed that even after I drew his attenton to it and he acted quite surprised that he continued to sell them. It was good, with bix and papers, but had a Chinese movement. I've owned multiple superoceans from an AD and I couldnt tell other than the movement. With these floating around its killing the value of real ones or at very least I would not be willing to purchase a second hand one at all unless I could see the movement.
    Trust me, they're trying. These fakes are really making waves at HQ.

J.