Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Official Timing Partner of Williams Racing

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    But yes, in terms of profile it's a great opportunity. I wonder if the drivers will have a Bremont watch image on their gloves like Lewis does with IWC. Looks really effective.
    The answer is yes...! Cool, right?

J.

Yes, that does look good.

The Bremont logo on the halo is eye-catching as well, a prominent position.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The answer is yes...! Cool, right?

J.
    Very cool! Hope Williams can get some points this year and the exposure helps the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    Very cool! Hope Williams can get some points this year and the exposure helps the brand.
    I agree - hopefully.

I hope you’re well, Viper.

J.

So, less than five months has passed and the driver that Bremont were using every opportunity to photograph has now gone to Mercedes and is once again wearing an IWC watch. I wonder what this now means for Bremont? Over these five months I've seen very little PR around the team itself and I couldn't even tell you without an internet search who the other driver is and who will replace young Mr Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    So, less than five months has passed and the driver that Bremont were using every opportunity to photograph has now gone to Mercedes and is once again wearing an IWC watch. I wonder what this now means for Bremont? Over these five months I've seen very little PR around the team itself and I couldn't even tell you without an internet search who the other driver is and who will replace young Mr Russell.
    I do wonder. From what I can tell, Bremont still remain associated with Williams and the new driver(s) - but like yourself, I couldn’t tell you who that is without a Google search!

Guys - so Russel leaves. It leaves Latifi and he is joined by Albon. https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2021...albon-for-2022

Hopefully, the new cars will make them more competitive next year and Mercedes falls by the wayside for a while.

I'm not saying for a second that Williams won't have good drivers but outside of F1, very few people will know Albon and even less will know Latifi.

I was never a fan of the Williams/F1 tie in but in choosing that route, I think that Bremont should have spent more time promoting the engineering side of the Williams team rather than one driver, George Russell. Now that he's leaving Williams, the five or so months of marketing that Bremont have done around Russell seems to have been fairly pointless. I suppose it's the nature of the business, we have to remember that the drivers aren't fans of a given brand, they're simply paid to wear the brand.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet, it seems to be appearing on all the other social media channels;

https://www.facebook.com/TestedBeyon...78479306635093

the soon to be released Bremont Williams watch, or something like that.

I'm guessing at a variation of the Supermarine Chrono. I think that I would have preferred a variation on the ALT1-WT that is a frequenter of this forum, may be with the Williams 2022 colour scheme. I guess that we'll see how it looks on the 7th March.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet, it seems to be appearing on all the other social media channels;

https://www.facebook.com/TestedBeyon...78479306635093

the soon to be released Bremont Williams watch, or something like that.

I'm guessing at a variation of the Supermarine Chrono. I think that I would have preferred a variation on the ALT1-WT that is a frequenter of this forum, may be with the Williams 2022 colour scheme. I guess that we'll see how it looks on the 7th March.
    Certainty looks that way, it’s the only watch that has that case/pusher/crown profile. I would guess we’ll see a custom dial and rotor, but the standard watch in all other aspects.

For those not on FB, here it is..