PDA

View Full Version : What if.... there was an ALT1TUDE SE?

Alt1tude
01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Okay, I didn't start the discussion - it started here (http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/t910-4/#post4885) - Thanks to G-F!

So I thought it might be a better place to gather interest in a 'possible' SE / forum watch, should one ever be created.

I can't honestly say if one ever will happen, but if it does then I'd like to think that it was because people wanted one.... Plus I don't know what Bremont are planning with the likes of TWG / ATG and other retailers that could conflict...

So, Have created a little POLL. What do you think of a ALT1TUDE SE? Would it be worthwhile or not? I also have to mention here that I don't sell watches for a living, so I expect any watch to be sold via the Boutique / Direct with Bremont.

Reply below if you're interested - even if you're not sure of buying one (lets face it would probably take a year to get produced anyway!) I want to see if the general interest if there and I can then share the results with Bremont and await their feedback!

Apologies to anyone who's already responded on the other thread, but please just reply to state what you think here and we'll take it from there....Thanks All! :) :)

G-F
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I'd like to be the first ;) to say yeah great idea! Count me in! I reserve the right to change my mind in the case the SE is a BC or Alt model (that I don't really care for). But a MB, U2, SM or Solo, definately in.

:)

Alt1tude
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd like to be the first ;) to say yeah great idea! Count me in! I reserve the right to change my mind in the case the SE is a BC or Alt model (that I don't really care for). But a MB, U2, SM or Solo, definately in.

Thanks G-F! I think SOLO / MB / U2 ( like the idea of an ALT1U2E ) would defo be on my list of wants as well. Oh okay SM500 with felix caseback as well!!! LOL!

G-F
01-03-2013, 11:46 PM
I love the idea of ALT1TU2E!

Felix case back is a great idea! Exhibition back would be equally nice.

DLC or not? I vote DLC.

Yellow MB1 second hand, yellow MB2 hand or regular U2 hand?

Wow this could be a fun project should Bremont agrees!!! :D

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 02:50 AM
For the ALT1TU2E, there's only one choice. DLC U2 case with yellow barrel, yellow accented outer bezel and yellow second hand, ala the MB1/MB1.5/TWG. Dial would need to have the U at 2:00. It would be glorious. Pair it with a black Vintage strap and an extra GGB styled black with yellow stitch strap, and you've got a forum special edition sellout, GUARANTEED! I'd hold off on the display rear case UNLESS a yellow rotor could be made , ala the MW ALT1-P.
Go get it done, Piers! Don't kid yourself, you've got the clout to pull this off.
Jeremy

Rudedog747
01-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Id like to see a SE with the black DLC coating with rose gold bezel, numbers and hands like the Solo 37 rose gold.

Flying B
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Put me down on the list Piers - i think JWalker's design sounds brilliant.

bydandie
01-04-2013, 10:59 AM
As per our discussions in the past, I think that a Felix version of the IAFD watch would be superb or your design for a green barrel U2, but either way we need the yellow seconds hand and bezel.

Alt1tude
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Cheers guys, love the Jeremy's idea as well!

CaptLeslie
01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
How about the above idea with a 12 hour internal rotating bezel ala poor mans dual time zone! This could be a bridge to next years GMT! Cheers Jim:-)))

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Good idea Jim. I also think a cool homage would be for the serial numbers to read "Felix 1" , etc.

chipbutty55
01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
For the ALT1TU2E, there's only one choice. DLC U2 case with yellow barrel, yellow accented outer bezel and yellow second hand, ala the MB1/MB1.5/TWG. Dial would need to have the U at 2:00. It would be glorious. Pair it with a black Vintage strap and an extra GGB styled black with yellow stitch strap, and you've got a forum special edition sellout, GUARANTEED! I'd hold off on the display rear case UNLESS a yellow rotor could be made , ala the MW ALT1-P.
Go get it done, Piers! Don't kid yourself, you've got the clout to pull this off.
Jeremy

jwalker9 - take a bow son - sounds a great design!! (and a great addition from CaptLeslie I might add!)

No. 30 of the edition would be my choice, so depends on how limited the run is!!

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks. A forum SE watch is an idea that's come up a lot on the forum in the past, so G-F, Others and myself probably all have a similar mental picture of how this project could take shape. I really think this particular rendition would be stunning, though. G-F may think differently because of his Selfridges! :eek:

G-F
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Thanks. A forum SE watch is an idea that's come up a lot on the forum in the past, so G-F, Others and myself probably all have a similar mental picture of how this project could take shape. I really think this particular rendition would be stunning, though. G-F may think differently because of his Selfridges! :eek:

The last time we talked about this I did very much like the idea of a DLC MB2/U2 with yellow barrel. I personnally think the MB2 Selfridges is the best color as the second hand "ejection handle" matches the barrel.

I think a limited run of yellow barrel for the SE would be a great way to get the Bremont supporters one last chance to get a yellow barrel. I mean, besides me, is there anyone on the Bremont forums with a Selfridges MB2? I think the hardcore fans just totally missed this very limited edition. I also think doing a U2/DLC/yellow barrel wouldn't hurt the value of the MB2 Selfridges as they are slightly different watches.

I don't know if Bremont has a deal with Selfridges regarding the yellow barrel. If this is the case, they could either use a slightly different shade of yellow or sell the watches trough Selfridges. I doubt they wouldn't like selling another batch of 20 or so watches.

As the only (posting) Selfridges MB2 owner on this (and other) Bremont forums, I say go for it! Now, you only need the brothers to say the same thing and it's game on! :)

G-F
01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
In the case Bremont would disagree to use a yellow barrel but agrees to make a SE U2, I think a DLC U2 with MB1 dial and hands and choice of regular color barrel would still be great. :D

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
In the case Bremont would disagree to use a yellow barrel but agrees to make a SE U2, I think a DLC U2 with MB1 dial and hands and choice of regular color barrel would still be great. :D

Right, and maybe in that scenario, a rear display case with yellow rotor and "Felix #" serials could still be used. Orange barrel and yellow rotor would clash, but not black, anthracite or green.

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Piers, you've got photo editing skills! Think you could create a mockup to whet our appetites on how the watch previously described would look?

drg
01-04-2013, 07:52 PM

I am in too !

Great ideas!

Alt1tude
01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Piers, you've got photo editing skills! Think you could create a mockup to whet our appetites on how the watch previously described would look?

I think thats taking it a step too far a publishing it as it can mislead if shared and also I don't want to play with their copryright / IP!

jwalker9
01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
You're right. My minds picture will do. :cool:

G-F
01-04-2013, 09:51 PM
With 10 definite yes, 6 probable yes and 2 on the fence, I think selling 20 will be a piece of cake. I don't think 30 would be that tough to get. This could be interesting for Bremont.

I wonder how many they make when squadrons ask for a special edition?

Alt1tude
01-05-2013, 07:12 AM
With 10 definite yes, 6 probable yes and 2 on the fence, I think selling 20 will be a piece of cake. I don't think 30 would be that tough to get. This could be interesting for Bremont.

I wonder how many they make when squadrons ask for a special edition?

Average is around 30 pieces per squadron. I think for the right design 20-30 pieces would work.

Whilst this is all great, I'm cautious that nothing has been officially communicated with Bremont and I don't want to get too carried away as it may just not be something they want to do.

Ruthie
01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
The fact that there is discussion on the forum if a project like this could take off is testament to the bremont ethos. If was to happen then great. If not I bet they will have something special up their sleeves which will be rolled out this year.

Andyg156
01-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Liking the sound of this, very much :)
If this hopeful SE is limited to a small one off batch of 20-30, how would it be determined who gets first shout on purchase and what number they would have. Put me down for No20 :) (last two of my Army No)

Hopefully you would permit me the Bremont military discount too ;)

G-F
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Average is around 30 pieces per squadron. I think for the right design 20-30 pieces would work.

Whilst this is all great, I'm cautious that nothing has been officially communicated with Bremont and I don't want to get too carried away as it may just not be something they want to do.

Hi Bremont, this is Piers from, humm, the top secret U2 squadron in Oxfordshire. What? you never heard of us? I said we're top secret! Now I only need 30 U2 and we're good to carry on with our top secret missions.

:D :D :D

Piers, I think everyone knows it won't be easy selling the idea. It might not be inline with what the brothers have in mind for their company in any way. But I think you can definately give it a try knowing we have your back. Worst case, we'll keep on dreaming. Best case, in a year or so (next Christmas maybe) we will have a very special watch we could say we help bring to the market.

Just imagine 30 guys trying to have Rolex make a SE for a discussion forum. NOT happening. I think we are very lucky to even have the chance of dreaming this could happen with Bremont.

Best of luck!

Red Maple
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Wow, I've been away for a few days and look what I've missed! As I stated in the original thread for this when G-F introduced the idea, I am definitely interested. The suggestions being thrown around are peaking my interest even more. I too would be all for a U2 or SM inspired SE, with an SM version probably my first choice (though not by much). Both sound fantastic. Love the DLC too. I'm definitely for that. Yellow seconds hand is a must too in my mind. I originally posted saying I was in for #12 if you could get more than 10. Looks like it won't be too hard getting 30! I remain, therefore, interested in #12. You've got to get it done Piers !!!!!

All the best gentlemen,
G.

Alt1tude
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Great feedback chaps. Would be interested to hear from any other members on this as well!

jwalker9
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Just another detail to my previous description: I think the twin crowns stay DLC/black knurled, while we attempt to get yellow for the case barrel. I'm almost positive they would not allow the same 'Selfridges yellow', but maybe they could match to the yellow you use for the site branding.
Looking back at the U2 LE, I like the display back, and think the black rotor and screws are awesome. I still think a yellow rotor would be a very unique and strinking detail.

As far as other watches to use as a base, like a Solo or SM 500, they certainly aren't as easy to customize, and thus may be a harder idea to:1-make unique, and 2-to get off the ground from Bremont's side due to the extra work. I was thinking of a white solo with applied black markers, rather than the stainless, but I'm not sure that would stand out enough as a SE. I think changing the hands on that piece would be a mistake.

No ideas for a SM500 or SM2000 watch, although it sounds like the SM2000 is going to be highly anticipated from the Bremont and dive watch loving community. Again, hard to customize those ones.

G-F
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
I'd personally love to see a Solo SE, but I have no idea what it would look like. Kinda hard to have anything related to the forum working with the Solo design. Though I'd like to have a 37mm and 43mm version of the SE, his and hers. Chances are probably nil, but it would be cool.

Alt1tude
01-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I'll mention it to them, when I speak to them next which should be soon.

Love the design ideas, obviously though I don't want to get too focussed on design as that's for Bremont to present if this project would be to get off the ground. I'm also aware that no single design watch will please EVERYONE so coming up with a perfect design will be tricky, but I hope if this proposal does get interest then it will be something that represents the forum and it's members!

RAF_Groundcrew
01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Liking the sound of this, very much :)
If this hopeful SE is limited to a small one off batch of 20-30, how would it be determined who gets first shout on purchase and what number they would have. Put me down for No20 :) (last two of my Army No)

Hopefully you would permit me the Bremont military discount too ;)

Is there a Military discount on Bremont? If so, I've missed out twice !!

drg
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I'll mention it to them, when I speak to them next which should be soon.

Love the design ideas, obviously though I don't want to get too focussed on design as that's for Bremont to present if this project would be to get off the ground. I'm also aware that no single design watch will please EVERYONE so coming up with a perfect design will be tricky, but I hope if this proposal does get interest then it will be something that represents the forum and it's members!

Got the money in a dedicated account !

Andyg156
01-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Is there a Military discount on Bremont? If so, I've missed out twice !!

Whoops !!!!

Jim
01-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I would certainly be interested in this too.

kaiserphoenix
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm in as well!! can I get number 8 please ;)

TexZan
01-10-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't think there is a military discount in and of itself. I think it's more of a squadron thing (like my Globemaster that's only available for c17 drivers). There's a military rate for those.

Andyg156
01-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't think there is a military discount in and of itself. I think it's more of a squadron thing (like my Globemaster that's only available for c17 drivers). There's a military rate for those.

It is not military discount, but HM Armed Forces Discount. Not the same deal as those that get a military commissioned Bremont, but a sweetener all the same.

Bravo73
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Put me down as a 'maybe', please.

And FWIW, I would rather something like a B2 rather than a U2. (I've already got a U2 LE).