PDA

View Full Version : ALT-C on ggb desert tan strap

liam1288
05-15-2012, 12:23 AM
just showing you my new ggb strap... i couldn't find many pics of the Alt c with the nylon straps so if anyone was thinking of it but wasnt sure how it will look... here you go

jwalker9
05-15-2012, 01:26 AM
very interesting! what happened to the triangle black leather patches? They are squared off on yours. Not sure which I prefer to be honest. got a pic of the other side?

Alt1tude
05-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Nice one. Thats a gas gas bones aftermarket strap not Bremont branded, hence the slight difference in design.

liam1288
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah it's the after market one...
No sorry I don't have any pics of the other side yet... To be honest I've ordered another one but the smaller size and gave my wrist size this time as its a size small but a tiny bit big so once I recieve that I'll most likely be selling this one for like 15 if anyone was interested

liam1288
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Just letting you know, this strap is for sale as the other (smaller) one I ordered has arrived so this one is now surplus..
Its size small, 22mm lug, black stitch...
It has a slight scratch from the tool slipping but I can't upload a pic of it here. I'm happy to email a pic if it... It's not too bad and hardly noticeable on the wrist. Im looking for 15 posted so its a bargain for a smart strap and saves waiting for a week or 2 to get one made :)

Scotsmen
06-10-2012, 08:44 AM
PM sent re strap

jwalker9
06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
A quick note regarding the GGB straps. I was speaking with Carl recently and became aware that my two Bremont branded military canvas straps were not actually made by him! I knew he had stopped making straps for a while last year while going through a family matter, but assumed that he got back to it. It turns out, he hasn't made any straps specifically for Bremont to use since late last year. Therefore, if you have a Bremont branded military canvas strap with the comfort liner on the posterior side of the strap, it was made by someone other than Carl.
The Zero-Zero that he sells on his site is what Liam has posted pictures of, and are only slightly different by having a trapezoid shaped leather accents rather than the triangles that Bremont uses. I am looking forward to getting one of Carl's Zero-Zero straps to see the difference.
Most of you others may have known about this change, but I didn't, and Carl didn't mind me passing along the info.

Alt1tude
06-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks for posting this Jeremy. I was aware of this but had not said anything. I do believe Carl still contacts Bremont, afterall the recent wingman strap was made by him. Obviously the triangle design is Bremont's hence the zero zero strap ( posted above ) being slightly different - And Carl won't / can't make the bremont 'triangle' straps if anyone requests them.

It's no big secret that most people prefer carls original straps over the newer ones : Bremont are aware of this and I think they are looking at different designs for the future.

jwalker9
06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Carl is a stand-up guy, and indeed he did make it sound as if he may start making straps for them again in the future. Perhaps some new color choices? Let's hope so! In the meantime, looking forward to receiving a "real GGB", zero-zero to add to my strap rotation.

Alt1tude
06-10-2012, 08:59 PM
likewise I've already briefed him for a blue zero-zero with red stitch for the alt1-p blue!

jwalker9
06-10-2012, 10:54 PM
You and me both! :) could become a popular strap!
Will look amazing on your blue P, but black and blue go together well and I love blue, so giving it a try on my black P.