PDA

View Full Version : Globemaster at work

mooseman62
05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
New to the forum, well member anyway, here's some shots I took the other day.
More to follow, I love this watch, why doesn't everyone have one?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/Bremont/IMG_0551.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/Bremont/IMG_0542.jpg

Alt1tude
05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Looking great!

I personally wouldn't want EVERYONE to have a Bremont...I like the fact they are less well known (For the time being!)

Nemo
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Mooseman,

The question is why doesn't every C-17 driver buy one? For such a high quality one of a kind watch, it's an unbelievable deal. But...some pilots are cheap and don't get it! :confused:

Nemo

Alt1tude
05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Nemo, Mooseman Are there actually C-17 pilots out there wearing (shudders) Breitling? Sorry I just can't imagine it.

mooseman62
05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
My observation is that yes, Nemo is correct, there are some cheap pilots out there and don't understand the value in this watch. "Value" is very subjective to our community. The guys/gals I've shown it to are like "wow it's a great watch," but no way on the price (these guys are wearing a beat-up Timex from the late 90's). Which is fine, like I said, to each their own, I love watches and this is a steal. I won't fault someone for wearing a Timex, or Casio (I have, and wear both when the occasion calls for it, which is usually landscaping or construction work). I have had a C-17 driver say to me "but it's not a Breitling...." To which I kindly replied with a smile, "you're right, it's far from." This is very personal to me, I have 12 years "invested" in the C-17, and the watch will be handed down to my children. Once I found out about it, I wanted it on my wrist immediately. For what it's worth, I was about a month away from purchasing a Breitling prior to finding out about Bremont. (Shudder).

CaptLeslie
05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I love my Bremont, but their are other players in the game that are great pilot watches! Most watch geeks on this fourm quickly learn that variety is the spice of life and no one brand has a lock on the best watch! Every time I see a fellow watch lover, I love to show him my Bremont and we share the reasons we got our watches and what they mean to us! A Breitling was my first high end watch, a Rolex, I wore for most of my military career, and my Bremont is my new daily wearer! They have all served me well and every time I put one on I relive some of the experiences I had with that watch on my wrist! So enjoy your watch and celebrate your friends choice of watches and I bet they will secretly envy your choice of Bremont as your choice of great watches! Cheers Jim:cool: PS here is my Breitling Mooseman that is probably older than you! :rolleyes: http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/YELO911/42edd80f.jpg

mooseman62
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Cheers Leslie,
I couldn't agree more, to me watches are very personal, and you are right about what happens when you wear one, a lot of memories come into mind (only if they could talk). I'll never "knock" a brand, everyone owns one for different reasons and I greatly respect that. Breitling can get a bad rep for some reason that I am not aware, I like them too for various reasons, but LOVE my Bremont. Nice collection BTW.

Nemo
05-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Jim,

I did not mean to imply that a pilot should wear Bremont only. I have two Breitlings myself, as well as a long list of other professional watches. My point was that, if you are a C17 driver specifically, how could you not want to own this particular watch?? To choose a Breitling over it would be insane. Sure, Breitling will stick a patch on one of their retail models (and charge you a bit less than retail), but you won't find another company that will make a bespoke watch "designed around" a specific aircraft. The Bremont Globemaster is a one of a kind. If I was a C17 driver and wanted a nice watch to go with my high tech jet, I would not look anywhere else than the Bremont.

Nice photo of you and Sully by the way in WatchTime. Have you seen it yet?

Nemo

CaptLeslie
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Nemo, just saw the pic today! I agree with you that all those cheap C-17 guys and gals that miss the opportunity to buy such a great watch at a great price will wake up one day and say "What was I thinking" ! As long as I have been a pilot, it has amazed me at how cheap we as a group can be! I would say that my Bremont is my favorite watch and I am saving up for a couple more! One of the things these guys don't realize is that if they miss this LE Globemaster, that the next watch they try to buy won't mean as much and cost more to boot! So you C-17 guys need to spread the word and make sure your community is aware of the opportunity they have for great watch that may not come again for the rest of their career! Cheers Jim :-) PS Nemo, I know you are true watch aficionado who appreciates watches in general! Cheers :-))

TexZan
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
So you C-17 guys need to spread the word and make sure your community is aware of the opportunity they have for great watch that may not come again for the rest of their career!

I'm doing my best to spread the word over here, and there seem to be a few new interests. I thought after seeing the actual watch in action that more would jump at the chance, especially with the new WT becoming available. Most are willing to go up to the $1500 range, but beyond that they start stuttering and reminiscing about their G-Shock from pilot training...

Part of me wants all C-17 drivers to get one...but part of me is glad to be "one of the few" :-)

I wear mine daily, lately with the vintage strap (it looks great that way) but when I fly, it's on the bracelet. I posted a few new pics on the atg forums recently if you want to take a look:
CLICKY (http://forum.atgvintagewatches.com/showthread.php?t=4708). Also, it looks like I might be hitting up a new ICAO on the watch...those pics will follow in the next week or so :-)

One Eye
06-08-2012, 01:41 AM
I got mine today...3 of my fellow Squadron mates are wearing them. Hopefully I can persuade a few more C-17 drivers to get one. I too have other watches...Breitling, Rolex, Omega, Stowa, Tag etc.....but this is my favorite! Mine says 94/100, does that mean they will not make more than 100?

http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/attachments/1029d1339120139-bremont-c-17-globemaster.jpg

Nemo
06-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Nice! You picked the best color combo (no offense TexZan). That is an excellent question on the number. Yes, that would imply only 100 blue faced Globemasters. I can't imagine Bremont would limit the number they could sell to C-17 drivers. I will see if I can get an answer. NEMO

One Eye
06-09-2012, 12:22 AM
The Blue and Yellow was the perfect choice for me. Its the same colors as my current squadron and the colors of my first two C-17 Squadrons. I am lucky I got #94 because I started flying the jet in 1994.

1i

Nemo
06-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Cool! Those little details can make a watch that more meaningful. You will have that watch for many many years.

TexZan
06-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah...Nemo, I know you like blue...and sure, it looks nice and all, but you can get blue on the WT...gray, on the other hand...pretty sexy and ONLY on the C-17!! Of course, I didn't know that when I ordered it and I went back and forth about 50 times on what color combo. I almost went for gray with yellow hands but I'm glad I went red. Oh...let me know if they are, in fact, limiting numbers to 100 (mine just says 021, not 021/100). That will change the opinion of a few of my squadron mates who are planning on waiting another 6 mos to a year.

Anyway, One Eye...nice watch! Despite what I said to Nemo above, I do like the blue (but he's been hounding me for getting gray for 6 months now). Where are you stationed? Blue would make me think Dover but we didn't have any new orders recently out of here so I'm guessing somewhere else. Keep the pics coming and welcome to the group!

One Eye
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
TexZan, the back of the watch is engraved with 94 but there is a sticker on the side of the gift box that says 94/100 (edit...I checked the box and it just says 94). Also, the email Bremont sent me confirming payment said 94/100. I'm at Wright-Patt, 89th AS Rhinos. Started out on the jet in the 17th then the 14th.

Nemo
06-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Just found out that the production line for the Globemaster is not limited. 100 might just be the initial run or something, but they plan to make as many as there is a demand for.

TexZan--you do have a good point on the gray being more limited with the ALT1-WT not having that option. It will be interesting to see how big a seller that watch is with the civilian market. It has been getting good press though.

One Eye
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Logged some IP time today.

1i

jwalker9
06-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Man, that blue really pops in real life pictures! Looks awesome, 1i. Is the strap more comfortable flipped the other way for you?

One Eye
06-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Man, that blue really pops in real life pictures! Looks awesome, 1i. Is the strap more comfortable flipped the other way for you?

jwalker9...what a kind way of saying I am a Doofus! I was playing around with different straps last night and put the blue one on backwards...I knew you guys would catch my mistake.

TexZan
06-15-2012, 02:28 AM
jwalker9...what a kind way of saying I am a Doofus! I was playing around with different straps last night and put the blue one on backwards...I knew you guys would catch my mistake.

That was funny! Good pics, too.

jwalker9
06-15-2012, 02:35 AM

Haha, I'm not judging! Do you have any GGB straps? Most people would think I wear that one upside down, but I prefer the buckle to be on the 6:00 side of the watch. To each their own :)
Mike Pearson once told me that the vintage strap on the deployment actually works better upside down, but I've never tried it that way.

Nemo
06-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Those are great shots! Bremont loves the "in action" photos. You should send them over to Bremont for their Facebook page or webpage. Nemo

One Eye
07-14-2012, 11:51 PM
At work today.

1i

Nemo
07-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Sweet! Love the blue NATO strap. Definitely send that one to Bremont!