PDA

View Full Version : New member..

Lancslad
12-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Hi all,
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, i have just joined the forum. My name is Les a Bremont owner with a small collection and its steadily growing.
I currently own these
Bremont Solo 43mm
Bremont Mb11 10th Anniversary
Bremont World Timer
and a Bremont Mb 11 blue dial (I cant wear it yet as its a christmas present).
My wife also has 1 Bremont AJ 34 solo
So i guess you could say we like the brand..lol
One question i have...can you put straight spring bars in the mens watches?.. i have seen a couple of straps i like but they are normal springbar fitting where the standard Bremont straps all have curved springbars...
Les

RedsBluesGreens
12-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Hi Les, welcome to the forum - do share some pictures of your watches if you can, we’d love to see them!

There’s no reason why you couldn’t use a ‘normal’ straight spring bar in an aftermarket strap on any Bremont, just make sure it’s a good size and fit to ensure it doesn’t move too much. Enjoy!

Lancaster
12-11-2021, 01:52 PM
Hi all,
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, i have just joined the forum. My name is Les a Bremont owner with a small collection and its steadily growing.
I currently own these
Bremont Solo 43mm
Bremont World Timer
One question i have...can you put straight spring bars in the mens watches?.. i have seen a couple of straps i like but they are normal springbar fitting where the standard Bremont straps all have curved springbars...
LesHi Les.
That's 2 of us Lancashire lads with wives who have 34mm Solos.
Welcome to the forum.

Farhad19620
12-12-2021, 09:09 AM
Hi all,
I currently own these
Bremont Solo 43mm
Bremont World Timer
Les

Welcome to the forum and you have a nice collection of Bremont watches.

theancientmariner
12-18-2021, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I love the MBII 10th Anniversary. Fyi, it really suits a brown alligator strap ;)

Lancslad
02-02-2022, 03:37 PM
Hi all...please forgive what must look like ignorance...i assure you i haven't ignored the replies i received on joining the site. I have replied to them but for some reason my posts have gone missing in action.
Les

Lancslad
02-02-2022, 03:46 PM
I hope my posts are now posting as intended...
I will be looking at some handmade leather straps once things have settled down at home (unfortunatly there is a situation at home with my wife's health thats going to take a while to settle down).
Les

RedsBluesGreens
02-02-2022, 07:13 PM
Hi all...please forgive what must look like ignorance...i assure you i haven't ignored the replies i received on joining the site. I have replied to them but for some reason my posts have gone missing in action.
Les

Hi Les, yes, sorry about that. I've no idea why they disappeared or indeed didn't even appear in the first place! My apologies.

Lancslad
02-02-2022, 07:21 PM
No need to aplogise...we dont know what happened so it isnt fair to accept responsability for something you didn't do...and there are bigger things to worry about in the big wide world..
Les

Lancaster
02-03-2022, 12:55 PM
LesI had the same problem when I first joined.
I had to get help as I'm a luddite

Lancslad
02-03-2022, 05:52 PM
Hi Lancaster,
I dont consider myself as a luddite but i am not the best with computers. Maybe i screwed up with my phone, i dont know but i seem ok posting on other forums i am on..
Anyways...its working now which is the main thing..
Les

Andyg156
02-12-2022, 10:06 AM
Hi Les.
That's 2 of us Lancashire lads with wives who have 34mm Solos.
Welcome to the forum.3 if you count a long term female partner with solo 32mm lol.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Lancaster
02-12-2022, 10:24 AM
3 if you count a long term female partner with solo 32mm lol.

Sent from my SM-G986B using TapatalkYeah that counts.My missus had designer watches till I got her a Tudor 1926, then the bug bit.
Since then I got her a Longines Conquest and then the Solo which she loves.
She bought herself an Evidenza but the Solo is her favourite.
She's on the Bremont Facebook site and always showing me pics of other members watches.
I don't think I'll have any problems convincing her I need/want another watch;)
What does your partner think of hers ?

Lancaster
02-12-2022, 10:28 AM
Hi Lancaster,
I dont consider myself as a luddite but i am not the best with computers. Maybe i screwed up with my phone, i dont know but i seem ok posting on other forums i am on..
Anyways...its working now which is the main thing..
LesI got good advice on here regarding going to Banks Lyon for my Supermarine so was glad to get on.