PDA

View Full Version : ALT1-ZT/51 crown swap for DH-88?

andyo
02-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Hi,
I really like my ALT1-ZT/51 but I also like the crowns on the DH-88 (which I don't have).
Do you think Bremont would swap these at all or do you think I have no chance? :-)
Something like this...
https://app.box.com/shared/static/e2by4ekbp38twb1dy16y24epqy0lxu86.jpg

I wear my watches on my right wrist so this would also make it a lot easier setting the time/date etc. without first having to remove it which is a minor PITA (I know, first world problems :) )

Ryan
02-26-2019, 12:16 AM
Unfortunately I think there is absolutely 100% zero chance of them saying yes. However if you have a spare 8k you can always buy a DH-88 and take it apart for spares. That's what I would do.

RedsBluesGreens
02-26-2019, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately I think there is absolutely 100% zero chance of them saying yes. However if you have a spare 8k you can always buy a DH-88 and take it apart for spares. That's what I would do.

Yes, zero chance. Members have tried to get things like this before: swapping seconds hands, barrels etc from other models, and the answer has always been a 100% no - unfortunately!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyo
02-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the replies - that's a pity but I can understand why.
I much prefer the dial on mine over that of the DH-88 but the winding crown is a fiddle to pull out and operate on the wrong hand...try it - it's impossible :-)

andyo
03-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Bit of an update.
So my reasoning for the above was that pulling the crown out was such a total PITA.
The crown's sides are straight and meet the case flush.
Getting any kind of grip to pull the crown out was difficult - especially on the wrong wrist!
Anyway, I noticed that on the more recent versions of the ALT1-ZT/51 the crown is different - it tapers at the case end, meaning you can get a better grip and more easily pull the crown.
Not as extreme as the DH-88 but a lot more manageable than before.
C/S at Bremont HQ were brilliant as usual and swapped this out for me - what a difference :)