PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum so slow?

rich
12-31-2017, 04:36 PM
I have noticed the response time of this forum has really slowed down in recent weeks/months, whereby the wait for a page refresh/open is many, many seconds.

I use Alt1tude on several devices (a couple of laptops, iPad, iPhone) and it is slow on all of them - especially compared to other forums I use on a regular basis.

RedsBluesGreens
12-31-2017, 06:50 PM
Rich, it's been noticed - Tapatalk on my iPhone takes many seconds to load (and sometimes doesn't load at all!) It seems to work as usual on my Mac though, using both Safari and Chrome.

Happy New Year.
J.

rich
12-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Happy new Year to you too Jake. Let's hope the forum speeds up in 2018! :D

scwheeler
12-31-2017, 11:18 PM
It's been slow for me for ages, however I just assumed it was due to the previous problems I had getting on the site.

Happy New Year all!

rich
01-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Credit where credit is due... the forum is noticeably quicker today. :)

Wildrover
08-02-2018, 05:02 PM
I still find the Forum very slow and sometimes unusable. I want to add my contribution to a thread but it takes forever to load. Can this be looked into guys? Or maybe move servers.

awildermode
08-02-2018, 06:10 PM
I still find the Forum very slow and sometimes unusable. I want to add my contribution to a thread but it takes forever to load. Can this be looked into guys? Or maybe move servers.

Now that you mention it, it does take some time to load.

RedsBluesGreens
08-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Now that you mention it, it does take some time to load.

Thanks both - we'll get in contact with the server people today and see what can be done. Sorry about this, hope it doesn't put you two off using the forum.

J.

Wildrover
08-05-2018, 04:46 AM
Any feedback Jake? I just cannot use it when overseas. Admittedly, it maybe the access in the particular countries, but as I recall, the UK is just as bad.

RedsBluesGreens
08-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Any feedback Jake? I just cannot use it when overseas. Admittedly, it maybe the access in the particular countries, but as I recall, the UK is just as bad.

Jerry, they've been contacted, but no reply as of yet. As soon as we get one, I'll let you know.

J.

scwheeler
08-06-2018, 10:23 PM
The forum is massively slow here - tbh I sadly visit less now as it's a bit of chore. Fingers crossed :)

jwalker9
08-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Forum seems to be running faster now. Hopefully the situation has been resolved. Thanks for your patience!

awildermode
08-08-2018, 12:10 AM
Forum seems to be running faster now. Hopefully the situation has been resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Whoa! It is faster!

I tend to blame my end for slow connections, so I do not bring it up unless someone mentions it. Thanks for fixing this issues. Rock on!

RedsBluesGreens
08-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Whoa! It is faster!

I tend to blame my end for slow connections, so I do not bring it up unless someone mentions it. Thanks for fixing this issues. Rock on!

We try our best...! Thanks for sticking with it.

J.

Wildrover
08-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Much faster - I anticipate more postings now.....

scwheeler
09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Forgot to say previously much much faster here - good job!

scwheeler
02-06-2019, 12:04 PM
FYI forum has slowed down again - not sure if any changes have been made in the last week or so. It's no where near as bad as previously but every page has approx 5 sec pause before loading.

jwalker9
02-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys, it has definitely slowed again and will be working on a resolution.

RedsBluesGreens
02-12-2019, 11:41 AM
I agree - it's virtually unusable.

Plus it always logs me off every time I close my browser, even though I tick to stay logged in.

Agreed, unfortunately. This is the first day I've been able to access the forum in a while - either via here or Tapatalk. The slowness seems to be a recurring issue, and it is something that has been (and is being) worked on.

J.

Wildrover
02-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Hi Jake

I see the main Bremont website is hosted in Victoria, Melbourne by Melbourne IT, Ltd.

Would it be better to move it off the Bremont server and register something like: https://altitude-bremont.com then https://altitude-bremont.com/forum with a company in the UK or directly on the vBulletin server?

Jerry

jwalker9
02-13-2019, 05:12 AM
Back in business here it seems. Sorry for how long it took to get it right!

RedsBluesGreens
02-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Hi Jake

I see the main Bremont website is hosted in Victoria, Melbourne by Melbourne IT, Ltd.

Would it be better to move it off the Bremont server and register something like: https://altitude-bremont.com then https://altitude-bremont.com/forum with a company in the UK or directly on the vBulletin server?

Jerry

Taken onboard, Jerry. I know precious little about these things, so all advice welcome!

The forum seems (for now) to be back in action at a good speed - both online and Tapatalk.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildrover
02-14-2019, 03:50 AM
At the moment - as Jeremy reported it's operating ay lightning speed. :)

scwheeler
02-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Good job chaps ��