PDA

View Full Version : Ariel NOMAD

Wildrover
12-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Over the Christmas break I fallen in love with one of these. I am 61 in 7 days time and getting ready for a Zimmer frame. This would be the perfect compromise.

So look out for most of my Bremont collection for sale to help with the purchase.

https://youtu.be/ZPlwfED4tdo

rich
01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
As daft mid-life crises go....... That's at the top the list of great ideas. I would love one. Enjoy!

Wildrover
01-03-2018, 06:00 PM
As daft mid-life crises go....... That's at the top the list of great ideas. I would love one. Enjoy!

Rich, not mid life. 61 tomorrow.......:)

rich
01-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Fair enough, let's call it early middle-age. :)

Wildrover
01-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Haven't sold any Bremont's - but placed the order. Delivery in around 14 months time.

Fb.george
01-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Wildrover
i have just purchased my first Bremont - a Solo to start with but there will be more.
I have, however, been in the Ariel family since March 2012, having owned an Atom 3 since then.
And in July 17, put my order down for a Nomad. Had to be done.
Ariel are truly brilliant. I get the same sense from my experience of Bremont so far.
Keep smiling - there is no doubt you will in the Nomad
All the best
Mark

rich
01-07-2018, 10:59 PM
Great move - although youíll be 62 and a half by then...

Wildrover
01-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks Mark

Excellent stuff. Be great to read about your Nomad and the spec you are going for? I've done a spec and the price increases spectacularly. There are a lot of musts - like protection for the car. Think I will go for Bilsteins and the upgraded clutch. Unsure whether I should go for the supercharger.

Best Jerry

Wildrover
i have just purchased my first Bremont - a Solo to start with but there will be more.
I have, however, been in the Ariel family since March 2012, having owned an Atom 3 since then.
And in July 17, put my order down for a Nomad. Had to be done.
Ariel are truly brilliant. I get the same sense from my experience of Bremont so far.
Keep smiling - there is no doubt you will in the Nomad
All the best
Mark

Wildrover
01-25-2018, 07:22 AM
Well so far put up for sale my Leander - ALT1-B - Michael Wong and Boeing 100. Three of them LE's.

Sad, but I need to finance the Nomad. Can't decide - Codebreaker or WrightFlyer to sell next.

chipbutty55
01-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Well so far put up for sale my Leander - ALT1-B - Michael Wong and Boeing 100. Three of them LE's.

Sad, but I need to finance the Nomad. Can't decide - Codebreaker or WrightFlyer to sell next.

Thats a tough call - and both pieces I would love to have. I guess you have to look at them and try to decide which means more to you! Or sell them both!

RedsBluesGreens
01-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Thats a tough call - and both pieces I would love to have. I guess you have to look at them and try to decide which means more to you! Or sell them both!

Exactly what Steve says - you have to decide which means more to you, Jerry. Both pieces are somewhat 'grail' Bremont's for a lot of people, and priced correctly you'll have no trouble selling them I'm sure!

As for which to sell, my gut feeling is the easier sell will be the Codebreaker, you don't see too many of them hit the market compared to the Wright Flyer.

J.

michaelp7
01-25-2018, 11:45 AM
Wow thatís a hard call. Both iconic Bremonts. If it were me the codebreaker. I just think the WR will stand the test of time a little better given its global appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theancientmariner
01-26-2018, 01:13 AM
As for which to sell, my gut feeling is the easier sell will be the Codebreaker, you don't see too many of them hit the market compared to the Wright Flyer.

I agree with this comment.

What I've struggled with is the idea of the Wright Flyer being considered one of the iconic watches or 'grail' as you put it. It is a nice watch and obviously a historic limited edition but what has really surprised me is the availability. You can still buy the stainless steel version new and it's even available from a high street jeweller, some four years after its release. Obviously not as sought after as the Codebreaker?

Wildrover
02-17-2018, 03:23 PM
One think I am surprised about. I have advertised 4 of my collection and not even a nibble. Think it has taught me something it's only the expensive LE's that really sell. Ah well, don't need the funds until next January.

theancientmariner
02-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Don't forget that the Townhouse is only just over a week away. I certainly wouldn't consider buying anything before I've seen the new models and decided where my funds would be most well spent.

Also, this forum is very quiet, even as forums go. Have you considered advertising them on other social media platforms? I'd be tempted to leave them for sale on this forum for a good while yet.

Wildrover
01-29-2019, 11:43 AM
CRUNCH TIME: Will be placing at least 3 timepieces for sale this week.