PDA

View Full Version : Bremont MB II

Hunt4868
06-08-2017, 03:23 PM
I just bought this watch preowned and it feels absolutely horrible when I wind it compared to my ORIS. Is this normal for Bremont watches? Do I need to worry about overwinding this watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedsBluesGreens
06-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Hi Hunt, welcome to the forum!

I can't explain why the watch would feel 'horrible' to wind, but it may be a few things ranging from a different movement when compared the Oris, to the fact it may well need a service. There's a chance that, if it was pre-owned, it may well do - especially if it's 3 or more years old (although this isn't an absolute science!)

And no, you don't need to worry about overwinding the MBII (or any Bremont for that matter..), the movement is equipped with a clutch that will 'slip' stopping the rotor from overwinding the mainspring.

Do share some photos of the watch - we'd love to see it.

Jake.

awildermode
06-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I find that knurled crowns are not as easy to grip for winding as traditional fluted crowns. As mentioned, it could also be that the movement is tighter than others as the Roto-click crown is easier to turn than the winding/adjusting crown.

NineBolts
06-08-2017, 08:28 PM
My MBII is in for repair because the wind has become quite stiff the last few times I wore it, more recently I could not find the date adjust position properly so it's been sent in to the doctors.

Hunt4868
06-09-2017, 04:07 PM
how much do they charge you?

RedsBluesGreens
06-09-2017, 05:53 PM
how much do they charge you?

From memory, a service for an MBII is around 245 - unless, of course, it's under warrantee.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong!

J.

Hunt4868
06-10-2017, 06:40 AM
thanks

Hunt4868
06-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Can you buy a windowed case back for this watch?

RedsBluesGreens
06-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Can you buy a windowed case back for this watch?

Evebthough a few very limited versions of the MBII came with a display (windowed) case back, you cannot by one just to fit to your own watch, I'm afraid.

J.

SuperRichieM
06-10-2017, 11:26 AM
I just bought this watch preowned and it feels absolutely horrible when I wind it compared to my ORIS. Is this normal for Bremont watches? Do I need to worry about overwinding this watch?

Hi, congratulations on the MBII. Other than the initial wind to power the watch you shouldn't need to wind it all - I hardly ever wind my 'C. If it's keeping good time maybe it's something you'll soon forget about? Rich.