PDA

View Full Version : Alt1-c/si

Plrd66
08-16-2016, 07:57 PM
I have just got my second Bremont, an ALT1 and its stunning.

I bought the watch used from a reputable 2nd hand dealer and just have a couple of questions...

First one is, the serial number is C/1765 and I have the half card with the serial number, so it looks like the watch has been registered but there is no COSC card - are the watches all registered and can I get one?

Second question and why I wanted to ask Bremont personally; I have had many watches and still do have both IWC and Panerai models.

However nothing compares to the time keeping of my Bremont. I have had it for a month and its gained about 30 seconds in all that time. Even the more expensive watches I have had don't keep as good time. Is this normal?

It may seem stupid but it's started it get disturbing!

Many thanks for any advice,

Paul.

RedsBluesGreens
08-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Hi Paul, welcome to Alt1tude! I'll do my best to answer your questions below..

1) The watch has been registered, but the watches do not come with a COSC certificate 'in the box' as standard. To get it, you need to contact Bremont - and there are two ways you can do this.

First up, complete the warranty card and send it to:

Bremont Watch Company
PO Box 4741
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 9BZ

Alternatively, email the completed card and/or watch details to: register@Bremont.com.

2) This comes from your Bremont being COSC certified, and indeed 30 seconds in a month is perfectly possible. The limits are +4/-6 seconds per day, so it suggests to me that your Bremont is exceeding COSC standards by a country mile. That can only be a good thing!

Hope you stick around, and do post some pictures of your watch when you get a chance!

J.