PDA

View Full Version : Custom bezel?

Alysandir
06-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Good afternoon,

Looking at all the custom projects Bremont undertakes, from limited editions to military-related projects to customized dials, I was wondering if Bremont would consider allowing me to purchase a custom bezel?

My rationale: I'm a proud owner of a Bremont Model 247 Ti-GMT. Fantastic watch! But there is one thing that vexes me: the bezel. This particular model uses a bi-directional 0-to-60 "count up" bezel. And while it certainly is attractive, I'm not entirely sure what purpose it serves. Typically, you'd see this type in a dive watch, which the 247 Ti-GMT is not rated for (not to mention it's bi-directional) or on a watch without a chronograph function, which this watch already has in spades. So while it is somewhat more convenient than unscrewing the chronograph pusher, it really seems to be little more than chrome on a splendid looking watch.

My pitch: I'd like to purchase a replacement bezel, one with a tachymeter. This would take advantage of the existing chronograph function and add even more functionality to this traveler's watch. And since Bremont does not presently have a watch with a tachymeter bezel, I'd be helping subsidize another option Bremont could use on future watches.

Is this an outrageous request? Or something that might be interesting to Bremont? If nothing else, it's customer feedback.

Regards,
Alysandir

RedsBluesGreens
06-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Is this an outrageous request? Or something that might be interesting to Bremont? If nothing else, it's customer feedback.

It isn't an outrageous request, but good customer feedback on what you think will improve the watch.
However, as it would make the watch a non-standard model, there is little to no chance of Bremont allowing you to change it like you request. Members have tried to do things like that in the past, and failed. I would, however, advocate dropping them a tweet or similar with your opinion, because you never know...

J.