PDA

View Full Version : Not to kick up dust but...

Garrettghu
02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
this forum is designed to be able to ask a question or to give feedback to the Bremont Team, reading some of these threads it doesn't seem like anyone from the Bremont team actually reads or replies?

Apologies if I am wrong as I haven't been around long enough to know the user names that are Bremont members.

Just wondering if these comments an or questions actually get looked at by Nick, Giles or members of their product development teams.

RedsBluesGreens
02-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Members of the team do look at the forum, and myself and Jeremy feed everything we feel appropiate back to the team at HQ, so the relevant people do see what members want/talk about.

J.

jwalker9
02-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Hey Garrett,

EDIT: I've just gotten to the reason for your post now that I am on my computer, and not on my iPhone. I now realize that you posted this question in the "Ask Bremont" sub-forum. This is an older area of the forum which isn't used as much as the "public forum". Serena started this sub-forum when she still worked for Bremont and ran the forum. For the reasons stated below, we don't have that "inside man" anymore.

A good question that I don't mind answering at all. I would say that the forum exists for our entertainment and as an avenue to communicate with people who appreciate the Bremont brand, as well as watches in general. The conversations here are driven by the membership, not by the brand or its employees.

Once upon a time, we had an "inside woman" in Serena, who helped to run the forum for a while. However, I think it was tough for her to wear two hats, one for The interest of the Bremont company, and one for the interest of a fan forum. As you could imagine, there are times when those interests could conflict, and even perhaps cause people not to speak freely. Eventually, Serena made the decision to step back and leave the forum to the fan membership in order to stick the the original intention of the forum, which is a place for watch conversations, by the fans and for the fans.

I am sure that Bremont staff read the forum at times in order to "keep a finger on the pulse" of how things are going from a consumer/fan perspective. They've been generous to involve us with prize give always and event passes, as well to give access to watches for reviews and the like. But currently, there are no Bremont staff that I am aware of who participate actively here in the forum. If things need to be relayed to Bremont in order to get someone assistance, then I or Jake help with that.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Jeremy

Garrettghu
02-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Hey Garrett,

EDIT: I've just gotten to the reason for your post now that I am on my computer, and not on my iPhone. I now realize that you posted this question in the "Ask Bremont" sub-forum. This is an older area of the forum which isn't used as much as the "public forum". Serena started this sub-forum when she still worked for Bremont and ran the forum. For the reasons stated below, we don't have that "inside man" anymore.

A good question that I don't mind answering at all. I would say that the forum exists for our entertainment and as an avenue to communicate with people who appreciate the Bremont brand, as well as watches in general. The conversations here are driven by the membership, not by the brand or its employees.

Once upon a time, we had an "inside woman" in Serena, who helped to run the forum for a while. However, I think it was tough for her to wear two hats, one for The interest of the Bremont company, and one for the interest of a fan forum. As you could imagine, there are times when those interests could conflict, and even perhaps cause people not to speak freely. Eventually, Serena made the decision to step back and leave the forum to the fan membership in order to stick the the original intention of the forum, which is a place for watch conversations, by the fans and for the fans.

I am sure that Bremont staff read the forum at times in order to "keep a finger on the pulse" of how things are going from a consumer/fan perspective. They've been generous to involve us with prize give always and event passes, as well to give access to watches for reviews and the like. But currently, there are no Bremont staff that I am aware of who participate actively here in the forum. If things need to be relayed to Bremont in order to get someone assistance, then I or Jake help with that.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Jeremy

Thanks Jake & Jeremy for the explanation and for being our liaisons to Bremont HQ.

Cheers!