PDA

View Full Version : Bremont Solo W/H 37mm or 43mm

gkt
11-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I have been dreaming of owning a Bremont for some years now after keeping a magazine advert (early 2000s) for Bremont watches now I cannot wait any longer!

I am interested in the "entry level" Solo as a starter:D mainly as I prefer the minimalist look of your black dial watches.

My question is, I don't know whether to opt for the 37mm or 43mm solo. My wrist is approx 7" Can any advice be given or photos on wrist be shown to gauge? I know Goldsmith stock Bremont, do you know if they stock both models so that I may try them both on?

I am really looking forward to buying this watch, is it a little sad that it's all I am thinking of?

Thank you.

Oracle
11-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi gkt. Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your choice of watch.
If you are in the north west of England we have both sizes of the Solo in stock at Moody's in Nantwich.
I've got a slim wrist but have an ALT1-C and P and don't find them too big.
You can always phone for a chat about Bremont - it's never boring! The number is on Bremont website or www.moodys1883.com.
Cheers. David

rich
11-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Compared with many 43mm watches, I think the Bremont wears very nicely - due to the curvature of the lugs. The Solo is the easiest to wear because it is also the least tall case in the range. My wrists are about 7" and the Solo was fine.

My personal opinion is that the 37mm case suffers from an excess of height versus diameter.

Having said all of that, as Oracle suggests - the best way to find out is to try them on your wrist.

gkt
11-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Hi gkt. Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your choice of watch.
If you are in the north west of England we have both sizes of the Solo in stock at Moody's in Nantwich.
I've got a slim wrist but have an ALT1-C and P and don't find them too big.
You can always phone for a chat about Bremont - it's never boring! The number is on Bremont website or www.moodys1883.com.
Cheers. David

Hi David,

Thanks for your warm welcome! Ok yes great advise thank you! Will follow up that! will reply with a decision in a few weeks :):)

Cheers.

Gary.

gkt
11-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Hi,

Sounds good to me!! yes I shall try them out, I keep thinking the 37mm may look 'lady like' on my hairy arms!?! not a good combo!

Thank you too.

Gary.

RedsBluesGreens
11-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi,

Sounds good to me!! yes I shall try them out, I keep thinking the 37mm may look 'lady like' on my hairy arms!?! not a good combo!

Thank you too.

Gary.

That is very much personal opinion, Gary. As long as you like how it looks, does it matter?
As above: try them both on, and see which you prefer. Both are lovely watches.

J.

Topcat30093
11-28-2015, 07:13 AM
I am also looking at getting a Solo.

I have a 6 inch wrist and the 43mm Solo fits it perfectly. I also like the fact that the height is narrower and fits beautifully under all my clothing without me having to purposely lift the cut over the watch :)

gkt
11-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Hi J

Yes will do thank you..

Gary:D

gkt
11-29-2015, 12:37 PM
I am also looking at getting a Solo.

I have a 6 inch wrist and the 43mm Solo fits it perfectly. I also like the fact that the height is narrower and fits beautifully under all my clothing without me having to purposely lift the cut over the watch :)

Thanks for your input, 43mm I feel would be ideal on what you say..I shall try them both on to get a good feel ..:D

Cat7
07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Hi OP did you ever buy a solo. Only reason I ask is I've recently picked up my second Bremont a 43mm solo and it's stunning it joins my S500

thebounder
07-09-2016, 12:05 AM
I generally like bigger watches and the Solo more than fights it's weight
Very classy piece indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk