PDA

View Full Version : MB iii winder recs

rchaas
11-23-2015, 11:50 PM
What are the correct direction and turns per day for the MB iii on a watch winder.

In the Orbita Database, I can only find the MB i and MB ii. For those its bidirectional and 650 tpd.

Appreciate any info.

Robbie

jwalker9
11-24-2015, 02:14 AM
I'd assume it's the same rec wide it's built off the same movement with just GMT complication complication instead of the Day. I'd stick with that!

RedsBluesGreens
11-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Robbie,

The movement in the MBIII is a 2836-2, so it's bidirectional and 6-700 turns per day, the same as the MBI/II.

J.

awildermode
11-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Is it a bad idea to place watches in winder? I thought there are 'clutches' built in automatics so they do not over wind the spring.

I notice that most boutiques display their watches partially wound, but with the crown out (I assume this is to display 10:09 with the hands). Is this the best way to store watch when not wearing for a while?

rich
11-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi Robbie,

The movement in the MBIII is a 2836-2, so it's bidirectional and 6-700 turns per day, the same as the MBI/II.

J.

A small but insignificant correction. The MBIII has a 2893 movement due to the GMT functionality. However, from a winding point of view, it is still 650TPD bidirectional.

rich
11-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Is it a bad idea to place watches in winder? I thought there are 'clutches' built in automatics so they do not over wind the spring.

I notice that most boutiques display their watches partially wound, but with the crown out (I assume this is to display 10:09 with the hands). Is this the best way to store watch when not wearing for a while?

I do not think it is good practice to leave the crown out on any watch. The crown seals are designed to protect the movement from moisture and dust.

I leave my automatic watches on winders whenever they are not being worn, and I'm convinced it makes them run better. After all, for 'normal' people who wear a single watch, the watch will run 24x7, so that is what movements are designed to do.

However, if winders are not your thing, just allow the watch to stop naturally.

RedsBluesGreens
11-24-2015, 07:05 PM
A small but insignificant correction. The MBIII has a 2893 movement due to the GMT functionality. However, from a winding point of view, it is still 650TPD bidirectional.

Thanks for the correction, Rich - that's what I was supposed to say!

J.

rchaas
11-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks to all!