PDA

View Full Version : MB3 a bit slow

rchaas
10-24-2015, 05:30 AM
I love my MB3 purchased a month ago or so.

However, I have noticed it loses about 8-10 seconds a day. Is that in the ball park or should greater accuracy be expected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glacierjb
10-24-2015, 06:02 AM
Hello rchass! My MBIII is always running too fast lol.

Technically the COSC tolerance is -4/+6 seconds a day. If you're watch is constantly is losing time especially at that "magnitude", I'd definitely get that looked at.

Good luck!

rchaas
10-24-2015, 09:03 PM
The past two days it lost 7 seconds so within the tolerance you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Critical Mass
01-31-2016, 05:12 PM
You might think me a bit OCD but I have been recording the accuracy of my Solo for a year- measured against the time standard every Monday morning. Overall it has gained less than 3 minutes over 12 months- an average of 0.43 seconds per day. It has never fallen outside of the COSC limits. I have never had to reset it except when changing time zones.
Curiously the times when it has run a bit slow is when I have been in hot climates....I have no idea why.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/Cr1ticalMass/image_zpsnkvctidd.jpeg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Cr1ticalMass/media/image_zpsnkvctidd.jpeg.html)

rich
01-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Excellent performance - and an excellent graph!

awildermode
01-31-2016, 07:20 PM
You might think me a bit OCD but I have been recording the accuracy of my Solo for a year- measured against the time standard every Monday morning. Overall it has gained less than 3 minutes over 12 months- an average of 0.43 seconds per day. It has never fallen outside of the COSC limits. I have never had to reset it except when changing time zones.
Curiously the times when it has run a bit slow is when I have been in hot climates....I have no idea why.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/Cr1ticalMass/image_zpsnkvctidd.jpeg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Cr1ticalMass/media/image_zpsnkvctidd.jpeg.html)

This is really nerdy...but totally awesome!!!

Critical Mass
01-31-2016, 08:08 PM
This is really nerdy...but totally awesome!!!

I would consider myself an inquisitive engineer rather than a nerd! But you might be right.

vipereaper30
01-31-2016, 08:10 PM
Dude that is so cool. I check my +/- differential every day but never put the data in a spreadsheet plus swap out watches often so never get the long-term tracking. You have a very accurate solo!

RedsBluesGreens
01-31-2016, 11:02 PM
This has to be one of the most 'watchnerd' things I've seen on this forum - and that's saying something! Impressive accuracy and graph, Critical Mass.

Keep up the recording and report back every so often, it'll be interesting to see what happens as the watch gets older, and whether there is any pattern as it does so.

J.

Oracle
01-31-2016, 11:09 PM
Great idea to track the timekeeping and interestingly varied!

I think it would be better if it had a slight gain rather than a loss daily.

I might do the same as you if I can work out how to do it! :confused:

RedsBluesGreens
02-01-2016, 09:37 AM
I might do the same as you if I can work out how to do it! :confused:

I'm thinking the same, David. Without a proper timing machine, I'm at a loss - unless we can have a little tutorial!?

J.

Garrettghu
02-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Try leaving your watch in different positions every night, dial up/down, crown up/down and crown right (12 up). In the morning record the difference and average them out to see if you are within spec.

-4/+6 is an Average daily tolerance so exceeding that in one position doesn't necessarily mean your watch is out of spec.

Garrettghu
02-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Just one more tip, make sure to wind your watch to the max (hear the clutch click) before you lay your watch to rest every night, at least that will be one variable out of the way.

vipereaper30
02-02-2016, 02:03 AM
One option to check your watch is against the Naval Observatory Master Clock. Just call 202.762.1401 and note the time differential from your watch.

I also use the watchville app which has a time function. Tons of websites do as well but I'm not sure about the accuracy.