PDA

View Full Version : Bremont Chronographs

DB1
08-19-2015, 09:50 AM
I have a question regarding my world timer. I like watching the sweeping hands (it's part of the addiction), is there anything wrong with just leaving the chronograph on all the time even if the watch uses up the power reserve to a stop, until the next time you wear it?

So Next time I wear it I just wind it back up again and leave the chronograph set to on all the time or is this bad for the movement?

Pic for post
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/19/9f1481341c764776dc5f1d9815f5abfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusj
08-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Good question - looking forward to some informed answers - I am a chrono man with the majority of my watches being chronos - I tend not to leave them running but do make sure I engage the chrono function every now and again

RedsBluesGreens
08-19-2015, 10:43 AM
I can't think of anything bad it would do, apart from increasing the wear on the movement (and the crown/stem etc.. if you then wind the watch to get it started again.) But, really, if you want to do it, why not? Just be aware that it may need a service quicker than if you only used the chronograph as it was intended, due to the increased wear.

J.

DB1
08-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks that's what I thought would be the case

Garrettghu
08-20-2015, 01:25 AM
I can't think of anything bad it would do, apart from increasing the wear on the movement (and the crown/stem etc.. if you then wind the watch to get it started again.) But, really, if you want to do it, why not? Just be aware that it may need a service quicker than if you only used the chronograph as it was intended, due to the increased wear.

J.

ETA77XX is also extremely durable and easy to repair and service. I know someone who runs his Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono for about 4 years now with no issues. I say go for it if it makes you happy!

DB1
08-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys running it is!!