PDA

View Full Version : MBII returns to the fold but running slow

Jellytots
07-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Hello to all and the Bremont team,

Hope this is the right place to post this as a short intro to my foray into the brand.

I've recently purchased a preowned MBII after foolishly selling one a year ago and regretting it badly. It was sold by a well known and respected preowned watch dealer here in Singapore, which has a strict first-come-first serve policy for its more popular watches for sale. So when this MBII became available 2 weeks ago made sure I was the first in line before the store opened :)

All was well in the first few days of wearing it, and the dealer had also timed and declared it well - I was a very happy chap! However in the last 3 days i noticed that its been losing up to 2 minutes a day, irregardless of whether i had it on my wrist or on the winder. This was very strange as it was not subject to any abuse.

It was sold with all papers and warranty till July of 2016, however the original owner's purchase receipt was unavailable. I sent an email to Bremont's general customer service email, however I've seen on previous posts that there are certain team member's email addresses that can help expedite the process? Reason being I might be able to make a trip to London sometime in mid-September, and would be the perfect excuse to pay a visit to the Mayfair boutique to pick it up if it was serviced by then :)

Hope someone could point me in the right direction, as I've seen and read of Bremont's exemplary customer service, hence I'm optimistic that the issue with my MBII can be resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Eugene

RedsBluesGreens
07-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Eugene, sorry to hear about your issue. If you email the customer service address, or email Antonia - antonia@Bremont.com, I'm sure your issue will be sorted very soon.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around.

J.

Jellytots
07-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Hello J - thanks for that, will email Antonia soonest - will definitely be sticking around, I've always been lurking but just never signed up :)

Thanks again, and will report back on the outcome!

Regards
Eugene

Sunray02
07-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Welcome Eugene, delighted that you have decided to join us, better late than never!!

I too have received fantastic customer service from the team at Henley, they have never let me down. Looking forward to hearing how things turn out!
Now that you have surfaced here don't be a stranger!

Regards
Gavin

glacierjb
07-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Eugene, sorry to hear about your issue. If you email the customer service address, or email Antonia - antonia@Bremont.com, I'm sure your issue will be sorted very soon.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around.

J.
Hi Jake, I've got a question for the CS team and tried emailing Antonia but it bounced back. Any idea why or if I should contact someone else in the CS team?
Thanks! :)

RedsBluesGreens
07-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Hi Jake, I've got a question for the CS team and tried emailing Antonia but it bounced back. Any idea why or if I should contact someone else in the CS team?
Thanks! :)

Apologies - I got the email wrong. It's Antonia.southwell@Bremont.com.

J.

Oracle
07-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Apologies - I got the email wrong. It's Antonia.southwell@Bremont.com.

J.

I think Antonia has left to pursue a bright future musical career. Check out Totie Southwell.
My main contact is the delightful Emma Smith and I'm sure you will get well looked after by her or her new partner in crime Alison. I will post their emails tomorrow when I'm back in work.

Sunray02
07-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi David - Antonia certainly has a real talent, a good few of her recordings on YouTube!

Gavin

RedsBluesGreens
07-27-2015, 08:32 PM
I think Antonia has left to pursue a bright future musical career. Check out Totie Southwell.
My main contact is the delightful Emma Smith and I'm sure you will get well looked after by her or her new partner in crime Alison. I will post their emails tomorrow when I'm back in work.

Emma is on: customerservice@bremont.com

I was aware of Antonia's musical antics - I've spoken to her about it at length in the past. Best of luck to her if she's moved to pastures new!

J.

glacierjb
07-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the prompt responses, Jake and Oracle! 🍺

Quite the voice Antonia's got!

Oracle
07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the prompt responses, Jake and Oracle! ��

Quite the voice Antonia's got!

She even used to sound nice on the phone!

Oracle
07-28-2015, 01:40 PM

By the way, Allisons' email is: allison.scrivens@bremont.com

Please note Allison is spelt with 2 LL's

glacierjb
07-28-2015, 06:25 PM
By the way, Allisons' email is: allison.scrivens@bremont.com

Please note Allison is spelt with 2 LL's
Thanks a lot for the info, Oracle! 😉

Jellytots
11-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Hello again, well it's been a while and I owe everyone an update:

My AD sent the MBII back to Bremont for servicing and I finally got it back about 2 to 3 weeks ago.

Everything seemed to be all well and good on the wrist - timing was within 2 secs a day, BUT once it came off and laid on the dresser face up, would lose almost 2 mins overnight. Figuring it was still fresh from a service I'd give it some time to "break-in"

Unfortunately it still runs almost 2mins slow in the same position. Which is frustrating to say the least after having sent it back for a servicing, regulation, and time checking as indicated on the servicing invoice.

I've already contacted Chloe-Jane in customer service, hopefully there is something I can do other than having it sent back for the 2nd time through my AD and waiting for another 3 mths.

I was wondering if any of you gents have brought a piece down to the Mayfair boutique for them to have a quick look? I'm actually headed to London next week and was wondering if that was possible?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I was really hoping that it could've been sorted the first time.

Eugene

Garrettghu
11-13-2015, 06:46 PM
If you leave a watch in one position it will always be consistent in it's gain or losses (obvious i know) have you tried to lay your watch in a different position each night to see what the differences are?

I always leave my MBII crown down, because the crown will protect against potential nicks and its cheaper to replace...also it's gains a few seconds which is what you want.

Jellytots
11-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Yup tried different positions the first time I noticed the large variance - all other positions are very consistent +2 to 3 seconds which is even more puzzling how just this particular position (face up) can vary by so much.

Jellytots
12-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Well it's back with me after a very quick turnaround after dropping it off at the Mayfair boutique, and i must say that it's well and truly sorted this time round - it runs within spec for the last few days.

Big thank you to Samantha at the Mayfair boutique, and to Chloe-Jane for patiently putting up with my questions and keeping me updated every step of the way. All brands will have issues, but it's how fast they're resolved and turned around that makes the difference between good and great.

And Bremont have proven that they are the latter - well done.

Eugene