PDA

View Full Version : Never mind what Piers may think...

turbohobbit
12-17-2014, 12:11 AM
CW advertising in GQ now, along with Tag, Breitling, and a host of others. Has Christopher Ward finally arrived as a force in the renaissance of British watchmaking? And if so, is Piers' legendary anti-CW bias now fundamentally redundant?

Wildrover
12-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Before my time - what's so bad about Chris. Ward watches? I have the Typhoon and really like it!

SuperRichieM
12-17-2014, 10:30 AM
CW have also advertised in other "gentlemen's" magazines like Mayfair (so I read in a thread on the CW forum!!)

They've recently bought a Swiss movement supplier as well so they have some genuine claims now to in-house movements I guess but no designs on bringing manufacturing to the UK that I know about which of course Bremont are doing.

I like their watches and will own more than one given their prices when I'll realistically only ever have one Bremont.

That the two companies are based so close together geographically makes me wonder if Nick, Giles and Chris meet for a beer from time to time!!

jwalker9
12-18-2014, 03:37 AM
CW advertising in GQ now, along with Tag, Breitling, and a host of others. Has Christopher Ward finally arrived as a force in the renaissance of British watchmaking? And if so, is Piers' legendary anti-CW bias now fundamentally redundant?

Haha, although it seems like ages ago, I do remember some back and forth about CW on the forum (although I believe Piers liked to play Devils advocate in jest about the brand). I've never given the brand too much attention, but what they are doing with their new movement is to be commended.

I took a look at their range tonight and saw they also have a Jaguar watch that uses a similar subdial layout as the Bremont Lightweight E-type model. Has anyone else seen this?

turbohobbit
12-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Yup, they did that a few years ago now. I rather like what they are doing. I'm not sure I'd buy one new, but if I saw a piece I liked on eBay I'd certainly put a cheeky bid!