PDA

View Full Version : Changing the barrel

waXology
11-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,

I just purchased a MBII of a forum member here and happy to say it came with a second barrel. I'm keen to change it over but wanted to check if this is something for the Bremont guys to do or is it simply undoing those screws and sliding it off? I don't want to go breaking things the first week I've got it.

Thanks in advance
Cam

Bc321
11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
First off.... Welcome! The MBII is a great pick up. I would recommend having Bremont do the barrel change. Not sure anyone here has ever attempted to do on their own??

waXology
11-06-2014, 07:54 PM
First off.... Welcome! The MBII is a great pick up. I would recommend having Bremont do the barrel change. Not sure anyone here has ever attempted to do on their own??

Thanks mate! That's all the advice I need. haha. I just wasn't sure if it was a watch built to have it's owners swap them or it was more for the professional. Love the watch though. I must have looked like an idiot today constantly checking the time.

ericf4
11-06-2014, 09:48 PM
i heard its literally taking out those few screws and it comes right off.....if true, no need to send to bremont...

MFB Scotland
11-06-2014, 10:20 PM
i heard its literally taking out those few screws and it comes right off.....if true, no need to send to bremont...

A 10 min exercise. Just make sure you don't immerse in water :)

waXology
11-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have a think and see how steady my hand is.

CaptLeslie
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have a think and see how steady my hand is.

How did your barrel swap go? Did you try it or have second thoughts.! I have always wondered how easy a job this could be but never had a spare barrel to switch, but I will in the future! Cheers Jim

Bryan15
05-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Had the same question as CapLeslie... :-)

Also, if anyone frequently changes their barrel, a YouTube instructional video would be much appreciated!

waXology
05-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Had the same question as CapLeslie... :-)

Also, if anyone frequently changes their barrel, a YouTube instructional video would be much appreciated!

Hey guys,

I thought better of doing it myself and then never got around to taking it to Bremont though did have thoughts again this week about taking it in...

A youtube vid would be amazing though!

Hunt4868
06-10-2017, 06:48 AM
anyone have instructions for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro