PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying an iPhone 6/6+?

jwalker9
09-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Anyone else from the forum buying a new iPhone? I'm expecting a new 64GB iPhone 6 in "Space Gray" to arrive on the doorstep any minute now, and the Mrs. has a 6+ on the way. For me, the 6+ seemed to be too much real estate, so I settled on the 6, which will be a significant bump from the 4S I've been using for the past 3 years. Looking forward to checking it out!

Igy22
09-19-2014, 08:28 PM
I drew the 6+ on a piece of a paper and it does seem too big for my jean pockets.So i went with a white 64GB iphone 6.... arriving next week, hopefully same time as my TN that just went into testing phase!

jwalker9
09-19-2014, 08:40 PM
We did a similar experiment, where i printed off on label paper the templates of the two phones, which i then stuck to some cardboard. Did the pocket test and all. It makes sense that they should have a few demo units available in stores so that folks could pick the right phone with first-hand perspective, but that never happens. I stopped by the apple store on my way home to buy some cases and held both. Although the 6+ is large, its not THAT bad for a mans hand. Will be interested to see how my wife gets along with hers!

chipbutty55
09-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I picked up a 6 today, frankly it's fantastic :D

RedsBluesGreens
09-19-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm happy with my few month old 5S - I can't justify the leap just yet. There's just not *enough* difference for me..

jwalker9
09-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Really like my 6! Using it type this post. It has a great size compared to my 3.5 inch 4S. I thought that my wife's 6+ would be massive, but after playing around with it for a while, it is pretty awesome!�� I think I will upgrade my work phone to a 6+ and keep my personal phone as a 6!

Bc321
09-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the intel.... My wife is up for a upgrade.... She wanted to see both in person before she chose which one to go with .... I am pushing her for the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jchlu
09-20-2014, 07:42 AM
My old man had his 6 delivered yesterday and brought it to me to restore from backup and get all his apps and 2fa stuff working and colour me impressed. It's bigger than the 5 - big "enough " IMHO- can't imagine how big the 6+ would be!
Much nicer form factor with curves rather than square edges- I really like it.

sjbroadhead
10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Great phone. Very impressed

CaptLeslie
10-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Went to the AT&T store today to check out the size and the 6+ is what my wife and I are going for! I have 2 more weeks to wait until I can upgrade! Then a month or so for the phones. For those that get the 6+ let us know how they are working out! Cheers Jim

turbohobbit
10-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Have to be honest, I'm not a fan of the iPhone. Form over function for me. However, I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which is pretty much the same size as the 6+. It IS bigger and if your phone lives in your back pocket you may find it a bit much. You also look a bit of a tool taking calls on it (although not as much as the woman I saw taking a call on her 7" tablet yesterday...). However, the bigger screen is a nice luxury and it's great if you watch a lot of video / streaming TV or U-toob, or spend a lot of time on line. It's a nice bag / coat pocket size of phone, if that's your thing.

ScreenKiller
10-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Well Iphones are one of the most reliables smartphones ( OS) wise.
Android just crashes too much sometimes.
Overall i like the ease and stability of IOS but envy the customization on android.
I ordered a 6 a week ago and the phone got delayed so it should arrive next week.