PDA

View Full Version : SOLO CR Running Significantly Fast

EdwardSOLO
06-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help? I've just acquired a beautiful SOLO CR. It's a wonderful looking watch and I'm very pleased with it. However, it seems to be running very fast indeed; for example, I set the time about an hour ago and its already running 4 minutes fast!

I only received the watch this morning so is it possible that, as the movement has probably been left inert for sometime, the watch just needs a bit of "bedding in" time and will eventually increase in accuracy as I wear it?

Many thanks,

Edward

jwalker9
06-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey Edward, thanks for joining us. So you just got it wound this morning? Did you give it a full manual wind? Did you purchase it new from an AD? I would def give it a few days at least to see if he time evens out. If it doesn't, if you bought from an AD, they will be the ones I handle it. It out bought privately used, contact Bremont customer service directly for further assistance.

Obviously Bremont pride themselves on their Chronometer grade movements, and if your watch is not running within spec and in the 3 year warranty, they will make sure to get you sorted out.

Hope that helps! Please let me know directly if you have any other concerns on the issue and I'll be glad to assist.

Jeremy

ALT1-S
06-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi there Edward, firstly congratulations on your new watch, however I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue. It sounds to me for it to be running that quickly it has become magnetised. Watches don't generally run that fast for any other reason. It may be that this has happened in the store, so my best advice would be to contact the retailer and let them know. I see that you are based in London, and I do know that the Mayfair boutique in South Audley Street can fix this issue for you very quickly. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, or alternatively contact me on serena@bremont.com

EdwardSOLO
06-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi there,

Thanks both so much for your remarkably quick reply, it’s very much appreciated. I bought this watch pre-owned from Watchfinder.co.uk but its only a year old. I've spoken with them and they've asked me to send it back to have it looked at. I've given it a full wind this morning but its still running fast (currently by about 7 minutes and gaining!) However, I've also just given the Bremont boutique a call as suggested and they agreed with your diagnosis of it being magnetised. I'm going to head over there shortly and hopefully have it put right.

So far I've been incredibly impressed with the customer service I've received, already it far surpasses my experience with other luxury watch brands . Hopefully it is just a magnetisation issue; it's so great to finally have a Bremont on my wrist so hopefully I won't have to send it off anywhere.

Thanks again for your quick response and help,

Ed

EdwardSOLO
06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Just by way of an update, I've just been to the Bremont boutique in the City. As helpful as they were, the demagnitising doesn't seem to have done the trick and the watch is still gaining about 5 minutes every hour!

I wonder if its worth wearing it for a week or so and seeing if it settles down...or is that a little optimistic?

EdwardSOLO
06-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I've just sent you an email, Serena, regarding this. Thanks.

EdwardSOLO
08-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to conclude this thread: I've had my Solo back from Henley for a couple of weeks now and I'm pleased to say it's running very accurately, having gained only 20secs in the last 14 days- well within spec.

The whole process was very smooth and I was kept informed throughout.

Thanks

StackH
08-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Another good customer service story, nice to hear and I'm glad that the problem was resolved.

Just out of interest, how old was the watch and (if you don't mind me asking) how did you acquire it (AD, second hand etc).

Andyg156
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Good news and enjoy wearing the watch and actually know that the time on your wrist is correct.

EdwardSOLO
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
StachH, the watch is 2.5 years old (within warranty, thankfully) and I acquired it secondhand from Watchfinder (who do state that all their watches they sell are rigorously checked before going out...). I was going to send it straight back to WF but, since it was in warranty and given that I'd heard such good things about Bremont's customer service, decided just to send it to Henley instead

Thank Andy, it's very satisfying when you see your mechanical
watch reads the same as your iPhone!

Vig2000
08-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Glad to hear that your Solo was fixed. I've dealt with Bremont before when I had an issue with my S2000 (now gone), and they were great to deal with. I couldn't have asked for a better customer service experience.

Out of curiosity, since your Solo wasn't magnetized as suspected, did Bremont ever tell you why the watch was running so fast?

EdwardSOLO
08-06-2014, 10:03 AM
No, they didn't, they just said that they replaced the auto parts. Do you know what caused the issue with your S2000?

Vig2000
08-06-2014, 03:46 PM
No, they didn't, they just said that they replaced the auto parts. Do you know what caused the issue with your S2000?

To give you some background, the problem I experienced with my S2000 was a day/date issue. Specifically, this is what would happen with the day/date once the time hit midnight:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/10091285895_a1e6bfb187_b.jpg (http://flic.kr/p/gnJtHR)

The day/date would stay stuck like that up until at around 6:40am, at which time it would then fully change over to the next day/date.

It was a strange issue, and I have no idea what caused it. I purchased the watch brand new from an AD, and I received it that way. It could have been any number of explanations. I did ask Bremont what was wrong with the day/date function, and they simply told me that their watchmaker repaired the date function and they did not provide me with any further explanation. Despite that response but true to their word, Bremont did properly fix the issue and I did not experience any further problems with the watch.

As I stated, I had the pleasure of a great customer service experience from Bremont and I was also pleasantly surprised with their very quick turnaround time (a little over two weeks to include shipping time). They even paid for international priority FedEx shipping both ways back and from the UK/US.

jchlu
08-06-2014, 10:05 PM
The day/date would stay stuck like that up until at around 6:40am, at which time it would then fully change over to the next day/date.

Interesting - I have an ALT1-C at HQ at the moment that only changes date at 03:15 rather than midnight!
I kind of enjoy the eccentric nature of mechanical watch issues :-)
Johnny.