PDA

View Full Version : Uk gtg

Sunray02
04-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Hi Serena

With Basel, Easter and your exotic travels (with 'A' list celebs!) out of the way, would it be an appropriate time to discuss our own home grown GTG with Nick and Giles? Great if one or both could be with us!

Gavin

Oracle
04-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi Serena

With Basel, Easter and your exotic travels (with 'A' list celebs!) out of the way, would it be an appropriate time to discuss our own home grown GTG with Nick and Giles? Great if one or both could be with us!

Gavin
Hear here!

ALT1-S
04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi there, I have actually spoken to the team about this already and think it would be a great idea. Watch this space.

S

Oracle
04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Oooh good. Will there be cake? :D

Sunray02
04-24-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm counting on it, along with a nice cup of tea! Hopefully I will have the chance to wear my new Panama from Locks!!

Gavin

Oracle
04-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear you've invested Gavin. Radio controlled choppers can be so damaging!;)

Jim
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Sounds great, if I can make it, I'll be there!

NUFC1
04-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Yep, count me in if the date works, Paul

ALT1-S
04-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi all, so I spoke to the team and suggested we have a GTG in the UK, either at the Mayfair Boutique or at REX (Royal Exchange) where we can look at the new releases and generally chat Bremont. REX might be a good option as it is a more intimate space for 'watches and whiskey' :)

Katie Lewis, events co-ordinator is going to let me know some possible dates. Does anyone have any preference in the upcoming months?

Dacman
04-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Anytime, I work pretty near the Rex store. Great idea though.

Sunray02
04-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Since some of us might have to come some distance how about an evening event at Rex if that's the preferred choice and we go out for a meal together afterwards - would that work?

Gavin

Sunray02
04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi all, so I spoke to the team and suggested we have a GTG in the UK, either at the Mayfair Boutique or at REX (Royal Exchange) where we can look at the new releases and generally chat Bremont. REX might be a good option as it is a more intimate space for 'watches and whiskey' :)

Katie Lewis, events co-ordinator is going to let me know some possible dates. Does anyone have any preference in the upcoming months?

Hi Serena

It occurs to me that while fixing a date for those living and working in London and the south east might not be difficult, trying to accommodate people living further away might be problematic. In my case a visit during the week would be difficult but I could come down on a saturday, spend the evening with you all, stay over and return home the next day, this would also allow me time to look around the big city! I appreciate this is but one persons view and others might have different priorities and commitments.

Gavin

ALT1-S
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi there Gavin, that is completely understandable. I can certainly look in to a weekend and whether or not that is feasible for the Boutique. As you can imagine, they are very busy and generally they keep the opening hours on a Saturday for prospective customers which means holding events can sometimes be problematic, however they are top boys and might make allowances for us. Would anyone else be interested in a Saturday event?

Sunray02
05-01-2014, 07:48 AM
While a Saturday would be my preference I could probably make a Friday evening work as well!

Gavin

NUFC1
05-01-2014, 10:23 AM
HI Serena,

I think with these things it will be hard to accommodate everyone, for me through the week works easier to tie in with work and family commitments at the weekend.

Maybe the best thing to try is to throw a date out there, maybe a month in advance and see what happens with the numbers.

A guest speaker etc. may give an extra incentive to attend, if it was a Thursday (Sorry Gavin) in the format of the other GTG's you have, it could still take place with additional people outside the forum if the numbers were low.

Once we get the momentum going we can be a bit more adventurous with our venues etc.

I'm sure even if we cannot make it we will get some pleasure from the feedback on the forum.

Cheers Paul

Oracle
05-01-2014, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't be able to make a saturday - hopefully busy selling Bremont watches in Nantwich!