PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week til Basel!!

jwalker9
03-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Alright guys, the big event is now only ONE week away! We've all heard little rumblings here and there, but I think Bremont have been even more tight-lipped than usual about what they actually plan to reveal at Basel! I've put together a little poll of some of the possibilities I've heard floated about. Please vote on what YOU would most like to see come to reality. If you have something in mind thats not listed, vote "Other" and post up what you are craving.

We should have our first look at the official press images as soon as Basel officially kicks off next week, so be on the lookout HERE for your first look at the new hardware!:cool:

Jim
03-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Mb3 GMT for me, closely followed by something ceramic - don't really care for titanium, I like to know I'm wearing a watch! This is why my emergency gets relatively little wrist time, that coupled with the fact it's bright orange :-D

jwalker9
03-21-2014, 12:19 PM
The MB-III/GMT has been a VERY popular request over the past several years. Maybe we will finally see it next week? If so, I'm curious how the GMT hand will look with the current MB-II handset. Maybe a broad hand, or small red/yellow arrow like on the ALT1-WT? The whole hand colored, or just the tip?

jwalker9
03-21-2014, 12:37 PM
First Basel clue from Bremont? It looks like the Bremont promo swag will include a Boeing-shaped USB with all of the new press content!

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b543/jwaker983/BCFD789A-588A-4394-908B-ADB301967145_zpsrglbix7d.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/jwaker983/media/BCFD789A-588A-4394-908B-ADB301967145_zpsrglbix7d.jpg.html)

ALT1-S
03-21-2014, 12:46 PM
A LOT of those have been prepared and shipped :)

jwalker9
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
A LOT of those have been prepared and shipped :)

Hmmmmm...Perhaps we could secure a few for an Alt1tude Basel week mini-competition? ;)

Wildrover
03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Have one of those USB Boeings when I bought my ALT1-B this week. Very nice too.

All I want to see is an in house movement and a LE. The range is fairly comprehensive to date.

NB: I have to say the Ceramic C1000 from Christopher Ward I have is a really nice design - can understand the Ceramic option could be a must.

tempusmaximus
03-21-2014, 03:16 PM
I would like to see a in house movement :cool:

G-F
03-21-2014, 04:55 PM
BRONZE PLEASE!

Or not... so I can keep my money. :)

Afhgus
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
without wishing to repeat myself, a new medium sized case design, failing that then a GMT Solo will be interesting or the MB3 sans rotor click?

Woody
03-22-2014, 08:09 AM
An in house movement will be a great step for Bremont, although I'd actually love a handwound model too. As always, it's going to be great to see what the le model is this year.

Vig2000
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
My vote is for an in-house model. I would be very curious as to how Bremont approaches and tackles an in-house movement both in terms of execution and its technical specifications. I would hope and expect that it would be a true, in-house, English-manufactured movement, built from the ground up and not just an ETA clone. Compared to the other poll options, I personally think that an in-house production line, given that it would be properly executed, would garner some serious attention for the brand and would tend to raise more than a few eyebrows. My guess is that if an in-house movement were to debut, it would be reserved for a limited edition model, but I would expect that it would eventually make its way to the regular production models. However, the limited edition models are already expensive as it is for a highly modified ETA movement. I can only imagine how much an in-house limited edition would retail for. Thinking about the potential pricetag makes me cringe. I, like many others, would also love to see an MBIII/GMT, but I personally think it's time for Bremont to gain the status of manufacture, but once again, the potential pricing presents a serious concern for me.