PDA

View Full Version : Serial numbers / date

66ELAN
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Is there a list somewhere on this site or elsewhere that would allow me to date a Bremont model based on serial number??

ALT1-S
02-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi there 66ELAN
There is nowhere you could date the watch on the forum I'm afraid - is it a second hand piece you are trying to purchase? Depending on the model, Bremont watches were not necessarily originally produced in numerical order and now the serial numbers reflect the movement number in most cases ( except for
Limited Editions etc.) If you want to PM me I can possibly check out the provenance of the watch via HQ's database.

S

jwalker9
02-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Is there a list somewhere on this site or elsewhere that would allow me to date a Bremont model based on serial number??

I hope you saw my previous response to your first post? Those date ranges should serve you pretty well. Any non-rotoclick ALT1-P is 2008-2012.

66ELAN
02-19-2014, 02:26 AM
I did see your post to my original question. Thanks for that. The watch I'm looking at is new at at authorized dealer but I'm trying now to figure out (based on it being non Roto-click) if it's a 2012 that's been sitting around for two years or a 2008 that's been sitting around for six. I thought perhaps the serial number could help me to narrow things down a bit. If there were no other major changes during that period then maybe it doesn't matter anyway. As I mentioned in my earlier post this will be my first Bremont so I'm just trying to figure out which features are important to me, which aren't and what's a fair price. I'm looking for and appreciate all the I put I can get.

jwalker9
02-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Would you mind sending me a private message with the details of the proposed deal?