PDA

View Full Version : Bremont ALT1TUDE SE - Some Photos!

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Well finally after nearly six months since this project started I am very proud to present the BREMONT ALT1TUDE SE watch, which is limited to 30 pieces. These are quick snaps I took of the watch, as I am sure everyone is excited to see the watch Bremont has produced for this forum! Here's one shot I've done whilst preparing for the B2 photos...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo.jpg

I must say in real life the watch looks stunning and after seeing all the designs, mocking up the banners and site for the project it's kind of surreal to be wearing this beauty on my wrist!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-wrist-01.jpg

Everything is as to be expected - the larger logo, the 'Pro' style dial and of course our little military mascot!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo-02.jpg

The dial in particular is a wonder... The grey metallic anthracite finish has slightly differing variations of shade. This is more notable when you change straps - as it sometimes gives a warmer grey tone.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo-05.jpg
(Above see the dial reflecting the clouds!)

The only slight change from specification is the finish on the dial - it is matt / blasted not brushed vertically. I think this actually works much better as it helps to reinforce the military influenced styling of the watch.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo-04.jpg

To me this is a really special and unique SE, because it is the first PRO style dial for a pilot watch and the first to have the amazing dial colour.

Strap wise it does work with the Bremont dark grey, but actually I think this watch works much much better with the vintage black or regular black as this matches the hands and barrel nicely - Anyone who's ordered one of these can change their strap order if they want. I'll also do photos of this watch on both grey and also brown as a contrast.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo-03.jpg

Finishing the watch off nicely is the exhibition caseback and black rotor.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/bremont-alt1tude-se-photo-06.jpg

I hope anyone who's ordered one of these is as excited about the watch as I am and of course this project wouldn't have been successful without all the support from members here to make it finally into a reality!

Andyg156
07-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Amazing Piers, I only hope the DLC variant looks at least half as good as it does in stainless steel. If it does then I will be happy with my Bremont lot.

jwalker9
07-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Be still, my heart. It's just fantastic. Would love to see more of a side view show to directly see the barrel. But the white markers with the hands and logo pop so well on that anthracite, and of course the yellow second hand and bezel markers do the same. As I said in another post, Even better than imagined. The black vintage suits it very well IMO.
Does Felix lume up or no?
Applause all around, folks.
Jeremy

Jim
07-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Looks great Piers, well done on the organisation and execution of the project!
I'd love to see the other straps on the watch if you get chance.
Can we order the leather strap from the codebreaker?

Jim
07-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Oh, and what colour is the lume?!

Baldeagle
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Looks fantastic
When do we receive them ?

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks Guys!

FIRSTLY..... we're Now SOLD OUT... the last one has just been reserved!

@jwaker Here's a shot of the side. The Barrel pretty much matches the dial (it looks like it's part of the same thing!) However in the photo it looks darker based on the amount of light on the dial versus the barrel.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/IMG_7672.jpg

@jim I'll do some more strap shots, chiefly brown vintage, grey and anything else I think works. I'm kind of the opinion that the grey strap works okay but is not the 'best' for this combination - rather black or brown helps to contrast the dial / compliment the hands. As I mentioned Bremont are more than happy to change strap orders when the watches are made - I cannot confirm the codebreaker strap I don't think this will be ready until towards the end of the year.

Lume is blue like the MBII - hence the pure white markers

Finally... I don't have a date for production - I'm aiming for end of July but will confirm to all customers via email as soon as I hear from bremont

Sunray02
07-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Love the caseback and black rotor, so cleverly mimics the cowling and Wasp radial engine of the Broussard! Looking forward to seeing other strap photo options, may well change my mind at that stage!!

chipbutty55
07-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Speechless....

jwalker9
07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for posting the side view. Looks so damn good. The barrel matches the rest of the watch perfectly. I do like the updated Bremont rotor on the top crown as well. So jealous!

chipbutty55
07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Piers, just out of interest does the black vintage have a buckle or deployment fitted?

Jim
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Really really pleased with it.
Come on then, own up, who snapped the last one up?!

Paul B
07-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Very Impressed Piers...That truly is stunning !!

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Piers, just out of interest does the black vintage have a buckle or deployment fitted?

I think as default it would come with buckle - if you want deployment then I think this could be ordered ( I don't know if any more to pay - I can check)

chipbutty55
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I think as default it would come with buckle - if you want deployment then I think this could be ordered ( I don't know if any more to pay - I can check)
Are these straps better on a deployment or with buckle - I only ask as I have never had one!

Andyg156
07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
After wearing a buckle on a brown vintage and it badly scaring the strap immediately, I'd hope that the black vintage would come with the deployment as I was recommended by Bremont to use.

chipbutty55
07-04-2013, 11:06 AM
After wearing a buckle on a brown vintage and it badly scaring the strap immediately, I'd hope that the black vintage would come with the deployment as I was recommended by Bremont to use.
Might be worth checking Piers if you could, if this is the general point of view?

Bc321
07-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I love the shots Piers! Can't wait for it! Let us know if you can get any shots of the DLC as they make them.

jwalker9
07-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Personally, the vintage is the only Bremont strap that I use my deployment on anymore. I think it works muh better than a buckle on such a thick strap, and will lead to a longer life of the strap.

Steve260
07-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Piers, that is fantastic! I can't wait for mine to arrive! I agree - the black strap looks great. I can't remember what color strap I originally ordered, but I will want black on mine. Again, outstanding job pulling this project together - big kudos!!!
Steve

aardvarkbark
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Strap wise it does work with the Bremont dark grey, but actually I think this watch works much much better with the vintage black or regular black as this matches the hands and barrel nicely - Anyone who's ordered one of these can change their strap order if they want. I'll also do photos of this watch on both grey and also brown as a contrast.

Thanks for posting these. I'm eager to see your pictures of it on the grey and brown straps. I think it looked good on the grey in the pre-production images because the dial appeared to be about the same color. I like the lighter grey dial of those images and the greater contrast it provided with the black hands. Is the actual dial still lighter in shade than that used on the U2? Is this actual dial color currently offered on any other production Bremont? Thanks for all of your work on this.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee478/OkieDoke2/greystrap.jpg

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Andy - is this is 'old' vintage (dark brown, leather) or new style (lighter brown, nubuck texture) - the new style is fine - black also but I agree on the older one the buckle just chew those leather straps up.

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for posting these. I'm eager to see your pictures of it on the grey and brown straps. I think it looked good on the grey in the pre-production images because the dial appeared to be about the same color. I like the lighter grey dial of those images and the greater contrast it provided with the black hands. Is the actual dial still lighter in shade than that used on the U2? Is this actual dial color currently offered on any other production Bremont? Thanks for all of your work on this.

- The SE looks great on the grey strap, however the grey does not perfectly match the grey leather like it does in the illustrations - this is partly due to Bremont producing new grey straps which are a tone slightly different from the older ones (but also I think difficult to match dial to strap - especially as the dial tends to look light and dark depending on the amount of light on it).

- The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

- To my knowledge, this dial in colour is UNIQUE to the SE, also the design of the dial is unique being it is the only pilot based watch NOT to contain numerals, but more that it's in a 'pro' dial type configuration. The only other bremont to have this style of dial is the Supermarines.

- The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.

- The colour is incredibly subtle and has a slight 'vintage military' feel about it. I'm incredibly pleased with the end result and the fact it's unique and not just a dial with a logo or an existing dial in another case combination makes it really stand out.

chipbutty55
07-04-2013, 11:56 AM
- The SE looks great on the grey strap, however the grey does not perfectly match the grey leather like it does in the illustrations - this is partly due to Bremont producing new grey straps which are a tone slightly different from the older ones (but also I think difficult to match dial to strap - especially as the dial tends to look light and dark depending on the amount of light on it).

- The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

- To my knowledge, this dial in colour is UNIQUE to the SE, also the design of the dial is unique being it is the only pilot based watch NOT to contain numerals, but more that it's in a 'pro' dial type configuration. The only other bremont to have this style of dial is the Supermarines.

- The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.

- The colour is incredibly subtle and has a slight 'vintage military' feel about it. I'm incredibly pleased with the end result and the fact it's unique and not just a dial with a logo or an existing dial in another case combination makes it really stand out.

Basically it is a phenomenal piece and one which I will be proud to have adorn my wrist for many years to come. Piers you are a star and should be extremely proud of what you have created here :cool:

Andyg156
07-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Andy - is this is 'old' vintage (dark brown, leather) or new style (lighter brown, nubuck texture) - the new style is fine - black also but I agree on the older one the buckle just chew those leather straps up.

I presume its the older style, I was given it as a replacement for my brown strap I got with my white solo which split .

G-F
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow, this watch looks very good! I almost regret going for the DLC now. I'll second the comment that if the DLC looks half as good, it's still gonna be awesome!

Totally unique piece from Bremont! It looks like it could handle anything we throw at it and then, still loook good enough for a nice diner downtown. The clean dial is just superb and Felix looks just right. As you know, I was a bit afraid it'd look too cartoony, but not at all. It's all good. :D

aardvarkbark
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.

This is helpful, thanks. A universal truth seems to be that watches always look better in person than in pictures. I appreciate you putting it in context relative to other dials I have seen so I can get a better appreciation for it.

Alt1tude
07-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Final order confirmation form for #28 has just come in, so officially SOLD OUT... the only chance of getting one of these now will be by coaxing them from customers in the future!

Andyg156
07-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Final order confirmation form for #28 has just come in, so officially SOLD OUT... the only chance of getting one of these now will be by coaxing them from customers in the future!

Please Don't give my girlfriend ideas, she'd have it sold before I see it, to help pay for our house renovation ;)

Jim
07-04-2013, 01:28 PM
You have no idea how familiar that sounds, it's my breitling emergency that's up for the chop at the minute :(

GMYGMT
07-04-2013, 03:10 PM

Piers, is it possible to do a grey dial comparison with the Alt1-C Anthracite (if you have one on-hand)? I would be very curious to see the difference. Maybe you could do a close-up shot of the dial so that we could see the texture.

I love the look of the vertical strokes on the Alt1-C and I'm just curious if the matte texture of the SE dial is just as unique looking. Would you say the dial is darker in color to the Alt1-C?

Again, amazing post Piers. I'm so glad I snapped up one of these early on. Glad to be part of the community!

Alt1tude
07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Piers, is it possible to do a grey dial comparison with the Alt1-C Anthracite (if you have one on-hand)? I would be very curious to see the difference. Maybe you could do a close-up shot of the dial so that we could see the texture.

I love the look of the vertical strokes on the Alt1-C and I'm just curious if the matte texture of the SE dial is just as unique looking. Would you say the dial is darker in color to the Alt1-C?

Again, amazing post Piers. I'm so glad I snapped up one of these early on. Glad to be part of the community!

I don't have an Anthracite ALt1-c to hand - The dial on the ALT1TUDE SE is flat not brushed but is metallic - The ALT1-C was brushed in vertical strokes, so I think it would look more 'dressy' where as this is more military inspired.

Alt1tude
07-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Here's a couple of photos on the older Vintage style strap (This strap is well over 2 years old)

Here you can see the grey anthracite dial.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/IMG_7694.jpg

Turn the watch slightly and you'd think it was a tobacco style dial...It is what makes this watch so amazing and unique!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/IMG_7695.jpg

G-F
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm officially jaleous. I can't wait to get mine. Though seeing you sporting SE #00 like that in the wild is a good sign that mine is coming up soon.

Red Maple
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Looks absolutely stunning! Congrats to all who were able to get one.

G.

Andyg156
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Must be a great feeling knowing you are the only person in the world wearing this SE at present and knowing you was the person responsible for its production. Let's hope it stays with you for a very long time.

Alt1tude
07-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Must be a great feeling knowing you are the only person in the world wearing this SE at present and knowing you was the person responsible for its production. Let's hope it stays with you for a very long time.

I know, but probably only till later this week :) :) :)

chipbutty55
07-09-2013, 07:05 AM
I know, but probably only till later this week :) :) :)

Is that you'll probably only be allowed to keep that watch til later this week or that there maybe some of the watches going out??

Alt1tude
07-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Is that you'll probably only be allowed to keep that watch til later this week or that there maybe some of the watches going out??

I'm still awaiting confirmation on the date... will probably give the watch back when I hand in the B2 after some photo work :(

aardvarkbark
07-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm still awaiting confirmation on the date... will probably give the watch back when I hand in the B2 after some photo work :(

I'd welcome side-by-side pics of this with the B2 as you had kindly offered. I also share GMYGMT's desire to see it next to the Alt1-C Anthracite if one is available when you take this back and you have the time. Or even if someone at Bremont has the time if you don't. Thanks.

Gilbert
07-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Nice watch you have out there...

Alt1tude
07-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Okay final set of photos (The prototype has now returned to base..)

Here is the watch on the grey strap it will be shipped with for the customers who've ordered it.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-grey-strap-01.png

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-grey-strap-04.png

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-grey-strap-03.png

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-grey-strap-02.png

The Black B2 Vs the Grey SE = Gives a better indication of tone

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-grey-strap-05.png

Final parting shot.. My fav combo - the SE on black vintage....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-vintage-strap-01.png

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/piersberry/alt1tude-se-vintage-strap-02.png

jwalker9
07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Agree, I think the black vintage is the best match. That pop of yellow is my favorite part. Looking forward to seeing one with a DLC case.

GMYGMT
07-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Agree, I think the black vintage is the best match. That pop of yellow is my favorite part. Looking forward to seeing one with a DLC case.

These photos are great. To be honest, I was a bit worried about the dial being darker than I thought, but after seeing these photos the watch just looks amazing to me.

To me, the gray strap looks amazing on the watch!

Alt1tude
07-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Okay guys, as requested by one of the customers I'm going to get the prototype back WITH alt1-c anthracite for some comparision shots. Maybe the prototype being returned is a sign... :) :)