PDA

View Full Version : Will the new solo sway tempt you away from your next purchase

jon
03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
So in the position where Im still saving for my first Bremont hopefully a C in black, up pops the very nice new SOLO (which once they change the second hand on the C3 version to match the hands will be perfect in both versions).

This is a now very tempting alternative to the C considering its price point, will I use the chrono feature on the C enough to justify the extra cost, probably not, however I do love the layout of the C and was blown away when I first tried it on having gone to look at the P so I may still opt for the C.

So the question is would it tempt anyone away from their next planned purchase and if so why and from what?

Fiery
03-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Nope. I'm still a U-2 fan. Although, seeing the Solo on a bracelet may just make me change my mind.

Fish
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Not for me, I'm more tempted by an MBII.

Fish

GingerMagician
03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Not for me, I'm more tempted by an MBII.

Fish
+1

Eyeing up the orange barrel version at the moment - definitely my next Bremont, unless a second hand ALT1-C turns up on TZ at a price I can't refuse... :cool:

Dragon Boy
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
MB II OR or U2 ltd.............for me ;)

jwalker9
03-23-2011, 10:01 PM
there is a nice black alt1-c on TZ right now actually. $3750 but with no papers or accessories i think. not too bad?

Simon C
03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
liking its simplicity.................look forward to seeing it in the flesh and on the wrist next week!!!

Dragon Boy
03-24-2011, 07:40 AM
liking its simplicity.................look forward to seeing it in the flesh and on the wrist next week!!!

ok Simon, i'm ready...........C U on monday........somewhere in switzerland......

Simon C
03-24-2011, 07:54 AM
ok Simon, i'm ready...........C U on monday........somewhere in switzerland......

definitely, Philippe!!!..........I'll be there!!

Dragon Boy
03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
definitely, Philippe!!!..........I'll be there!!

:)......................

Alt1tude
03-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I already have an MBII and a BC-S2 so not sure a SOLO would be be enough of a change. Had this been around last summer I think it would have been neck and neck with the MBII. I think this is nicer than the U2 stainless steel.

bydandie
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
I already have an MBII and a BC-S2 so not sure a SOLO would be be enough of a change. Had this been around last summer I think it would have been neck and neck with the MBII. I think this is nicer than the U2 stainless steel.

I agree about the U2 S/S, and I can't see me getting one.

Trapped Wind
03-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I think this will be my first Bremont. I've been following them for over a year now. I love the clean lines and the fact it's made in London. I was sold on the MBII but I wear my watch everywhere (Golf, Fly Fishing, gym) so the two screws on the side worried me since they looked large. After this one who knows. Let's see what this years Baseworld brings us!!

Alt1tude
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I think this will be my first Bremont. I've been following them for over a year now. I love the clean lines and the fact it's made in London. I was sold on the MBII but I wear my watch everywhere (Golf, Fly Fishing, gym) so the two screws on the side worried me since they looked large. After this one who knows. Let's see what this years Baseworld brings us!!

Welcome to the forum! If the crown is similar (looks it) to the BC-S2 then it's very minimal - So should be better suited to you. You're still getting the DNA from the MB2 and U2 in this watch!

We'll be photographing this on Monday and will do some videos as well - so come back soon for more of the same!

Trapped Wind
03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I appreciate the welcome! I've been looking for a Bremont for over a year now and was pretty much sold on the MBII until yesterday. I have a Rolex Sub right now and it just looks cliche'. To be honest I never wear it. But, the Bremonts are tough, elegant looking watches and that's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that looks good at dinner in the city and can survive a weekend in the Canadian wilderness. I wish they'd do an 'Rolex Explorer' type watch with a NATO band. They could call it the Burton after Sir Richard (not the actor, lol) and make the thing indestructible.

FRCP56
03-25-2011, 04:32 AM
I too have been following Bremont for about a year now. I picked up a fantastic Bell and Ross in December, but I'm extremely impressed by this new Bremont model. I live in Northern California where the watch market doesn't support brands like these - I had to go to the Bay Area just to find my B&R, and it looks like I'll need to take a trip down to the Los Angeles area to see one of these in person.

Hard to decide between the MBII and the Solo... both are awesome. I appreciate the elegance of the Solo, but I'm also quite fond of the MBII's rotating bezel. Bottom line, they are both amazing pieces.