PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to reserve an SE?

Alt1tude
02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
All going well, anyone who wants one should be able to reserve an SE from NEXT FRIDAY (1st March) onwards.

I thought I'd do a poll prior to launch to see how close people are to reserving a watch.

Appreciate it's not out yet but wanted to gauge people's feelings on potentially reserving one from 1st March onwards

G-F
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
100% sure here! Even added it to my signature! :)

dougair
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
75% sure, it will depend on final price and if I've got enough pennies :o)

me1357
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I would probably have bought one if I hadn't bought the watch gallery version and two other watches last week. Have really spend my money for this year already :mad:

Andyg156
02-22-2013, 06:22 PM
For me really depends on price and how limited this watch is, if it is only a SE with future run offs I will leave it until I have actually found a job, I am currently living off my army lump sum and pension. If a LE of a small run off, say less than 100 I will probably purchase. So 50/50 at mo

Alt1tude
02-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Andy, It will be a one-off under 100 for sure

Bc321
02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
I really hope to add a 3rd Bremont to my collection.... hopefully I can afford it!!

nolanz14
02-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Very likely once I see it

deadreckon
02-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Will definitely depend on the design/unique features.

Vig2000
02-23-2013, 03:08 AM
It looks like I definitely will. This would be my third Bremont in my current collection and fourth Bremont owned overall.

TexZan
02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Want to? Yes.
Able to do so? No.
I'll admire from afar...

jwalker9
02-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Want to? Yes.
Able to do so? No.
I'll admire from afar...

Tex, I propose we start a fund to share one :rolleyes:

Regulator
02-23-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm in........

jon
02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Desperately stopping myself blowing my redundancy on this but got to be sensible maybe one day

Regulator
02-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm in........

I would have just said "I'm in", but who knew there is a 10 character minimum post regulation.

drg
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
It looks like I definitely will. This would be my third Bremont in my current collection and fourth Bremont owned overall.

Ditto :cool:

whywatch9
02-24-2013, 04:41 AM
I have a feeling the SE will be based on a MB... If yes, I'm in.

I would also second the idea that three bremonts in a small collection sound just about right.

Sking
02-25-2013, 02:52 AM
I'm in! Looking forward to seeing the design!

AM94
02-25-2013, 05:36 PM
It will depend on aesthetics for me and specifically, the base model. The secondary factor will be edition size. Lastly, I'll consider the price. If I need to sell another watch this may dissuade me unless I feel it is a 'HAVE TO HAVE' rather than a nice to have. :)

Flying B
02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I am definitely in 100%: I think this watch is going to be great (all Bremonts are of course!) I can feel it in my bones. I just hope there is a reasonable system for taking orders and allocating serial numbers and its not too much of a mad scramble. At noon on Friday I will be stuck in a meeting:( and I doubt I will be able to view or order for several hours, which is sooo irritating after such a wait - but you gotta earn the pennies that enable you to buy this sort of kit in the first place.

lloyd_m
02-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Will the SE be like the MB11 Limited Edition in that it was available to buy through The Watch Gallery only? Or will other ADs have a chance to sell?

jwalker9
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Lloyd, I may be incorrect, but am fairly sure based on what Piers has said that the SE will only be available ordered through this site, and then being fulfilled directly by Bremont. No AD participation in this particular forum SE.

Embles
02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I would love to get my hands on one as I know it's going to be pretty special but I doubt I'll be able to fund one unless I sell something first....White Solo anyone??? ;)

jwalker9
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I would love to get my hands on one as I know it's going to be pretty special but I doubt I'll be able to fund one unless I sell something first....White Solo anyone??? ;)

i bet you could sell a white solo quickly if you were serious! Not to me, but likely to a forum member?

Alt1tude
02-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Will the SE be like the MB11 Limited Edition in that it was available to buy through The Watch Gallery only? Or will other ADs have a chance to sell?

No - It can only be reserved via this site and payment taken by Bremont directly.

Alt1tude
02-25-2013, 07:46 PM
i bet you could sell a white solo quickly if you were serious! Not to me, but likely to a forum member?

Yes it would go quickly!

Vig2000
02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
I am definitely in 100%: I think this watch is going to be great (all Bremonts are of course!) I can feel it in my bones. I just hope there is a reasonable system for taking orders and allocating serial numbers and its not too much of a mad scramble. At noon on Friday I will be stuck in a meeting:( and I doubt I will be able to view or order for several hours, which is sooo irritating after such a wait - but you gotta earn the pennies that enable you to buy this sort of kit in the first place.

Piers, is it confirmed the order site will go live at 12 noon? And I'm assuming it's 12 noon GMT?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the other thread.

Embles
02-25-2013, 09:53 PM

I need to see the LE first and the details but I would consider selling even though I'm extremely fond of it. Roll on Friday!

Alt1tude
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Piers, is it confirmed the order site will go live at 12 noon? And I'm assuming it's 12 noon GMT?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the other thread.

I'll aim to switch it live then but my actual day ( proper ) job may take over.

what i could do is pm everyone who's posted the most in this forum a secret url a bit before :) :)

Red Maple
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Hmmmm......I may be unpopular for even suggesting a further delay given how long we've all been waiting BUT what about revealing the design on Friday, as planned, but not taking any orders until 24 hours later? I'm just thinking that it will allow folks to absorb the full greatness of the design, drool over it, have a(nother) sleepless night, then allow orders on Saturday when more people are likely to be free? Flying B isn't likely to be the only one tied up in a meeting on Friday. I'll be sitting on a commuter train myself at that hour.

Just a thought............

G.

what i could do is pm everyone who's posted the most in this forum a secret url a bit before :) :)

drg
02-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Upping my post count :cool:

Vig2000
02-26-2013, 08:53 AM

Upping my post count :cool:

Same here since I'm definitely in for the SE!

dougair
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM

I'd better get posting in that case!

jw1000m
02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I'd better get posting in that case!

I am certainly not going down a path of typing a message just to up my post count..... :D

chipbutty55
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
I am certainly not going down a path of typing a message just to up my post count..... :D

Indeed, that would just be madness.....:eek:

Chins
02-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Almost embarrassed to make this my first post. Decided to buy my first decent watch and have been doing my research over the past 2-3 months. Decided on Bremont a month or so ago. This popped up so waiting with great interest.

jwalker9
02-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Welcome, and no shame in that admission. Congrats on deciding to purchase a proper mechanical watch. Keep your eyes peeled, info will drop on Friday! Let us know what you decide on, and post often!

Jim
02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Anyone want to buy a breitling so I can fund this?...

valdarrant
02-27-2013, 12:28 AM
I believe in being fair. Jim, I will give you 3 bags of peanuts for your Breitling

jwalker9
02-27-2013, 12:56 AM
I believe in being fair. Jim, I will give you 3 bags of peanuts for your Breitling

Hmm...how big are the bags?

Jim
02-27-2013, 08:10 AM

Haha! Tempted, but no :-p

jon
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Secret URL sounds exciting ;-)

drg
02-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Embles .. i am looking for a white solo ... message me if you like and i can help you fund your ALT1 SE :cool:

aggiez28
02-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I plan to pick one up.

Andyg156
02-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Embles .. i am looking for a white solo ... message me if you like and i can help you fund your ALT1 SE :cool:
I am also considering using me white solo to help the whole that would appear in my bank balance if I order the SE. Decisions like this I hate. Love my solo, but the opportunity to get another SE is very desirable.

drg
02-28-2013, 06:18 PM
I am also considering using me white solo to help the whole that would appear in my bank balance if I order the SE. Decisions like this I hate. Love my solo, but the opportunity to get another SE is very desirable.

I am interested in a White Solo ... let me know if i can help your funding :cool:

Regulator
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Wonder if we will see any U2 or MBII FS posts from folks looking to trade up

jwalker9
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Wonder if we will see any U2 or MBII FS posts from folks looking to trade up

Not to steer off topic, but I sure have seen a lot of S500's for sale since the S2000 was announced! So probably will.

Vig2000
02-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Not to steer off topic, but I sure have seen a lot of S500's for sale since the S2000 was announced! So probably will.

I'm so sure about that. The SE is only a 30 piece limited run whereas the S2000 is not a limited production. I would personally keep my MBII/OR if I were to purchase the SE. I feel that both the MBII and the SE are distinct enough from each other to justify keeping both watches.

Chronic
02-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't like the design of the SE. My objection is the design of the face, and in two ways: First, the design is "busy", the eye can't find a place to settle. Second, there is that mascot. Cartoons look fine on billboards, pennants, team jerseys, and of course comic books . . . but on high-end horological pieces? Soldiers in wartime are given leeway in decorating their fighting vehicles, but that's all, in my opinion. If I buy a watch picturing a cartoon mouse on its face, it'll be $75 at a theme park and it'll be worn by my daughter / niece / gf / etc. So this one is all yours, guys.

jwalker9
02-28-2013, 10:25 PM
No fault in that decision, Chronic. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. It isn't a watch that will appeal to everyone, but that's the point. Felix is in the dial for a specific reason, and many fans of the brand and members of the forum will appreciate that. As long as there are 30, the mission is accomplished.

G-F
03-01-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't like the design of the SE. My objection is the design of the face, and in two ways: First, the design is "busy", the eye can't find a place to settle. Second, there is that mascot. Cartoons look fine on billboards, pennants, team jerseys, and of course comic books . . . but on high-end horological pieces? Soldiers in wartime are given leeway in decorating their fighting vehicles, but that's all, in my opinion. If I buy a watch picturing a cartoon mouse on its face, it'll be $75 at a theme park and it'll be worn by my daughter / niece / gf / etc. So this one is all yours, guys.

I don't see the busy face at all. It is quite clean in my opinion. Of course day/date will always be busier but that's really not bad. There's no sub-dials and small prints.

As far as Felix go, I agree with you, it looks a bit cartoonish. But, to anyone with an once of kerosene in their blood, Felix is much more than a cartoon. It is a symbol used by airplane squadrons and it is believe to be a good luck charm for them. Bremont has strong ties with aviation, Felix has strong ties with aviation. This is the kind of watch that's sure to become a collectors favorite in years to come. Collectors have a thing for those sort of out of the box SE. Though I certainly respect the fact that you don't like it.

Personnally, I believe the Felix watch will be a very sought after watch. DLC U2 case, MB1 hands, one of a kind anthracite dial, clear case back, black rotor plus the unofficial Felix mascot. There are so many cool feature to this watch, anyone on the fence should really think hard about this tonight, they might regret not getting one in the future.

G-F
03-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Here's the Breitling and Rolex version of Felix. I think Bremont has both beat.

When I say these are collectors watch, try and find one for sale. :)

valdarrant
03-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Tex, I propose we start a fund to share one :rolleyes:

Bags of peanuts...I will go as high as 6.34 bags

valdarrant
03-01-2013, 01:40 AM
I am surprised at you SOLO White Face traitors. Sell the SOLO for a SE? Well at least it's this SE I guess. The grey face clean dial yellow hands...it's my favorite so far...I still wouldn't part with my SOLO/WH-SI. I would just buy another Bremont :-).

Now if it came with a few bags of peanuts...

av8r51
03-01-2013, 02:35 AM
To add to the previous thread, Felix was partially derived from the Latin word for "lucky", and some rather notable individuals and organizations adopted Felix as a mascot such as the 1922 New York Yankees and aviator Charles Lindbergh, who took a Felix doll with him on his historic flight across the Atlantic Ocean.

This popularity persisted. In the late 1920s, the U.S. Navy's Bombing Squadron Two (VB-2B) adopted a unit insignia consisting of Felix happily carrying a bomb with a burning fuse. They retained the insignia through the 1930s when they became a fighter squadron under the designations VF-6B and, later, VF-3, whose members Edward O'Hare (Chicago ORD) and John Thach became famous naval aviators in World War II. To this day, Felix still appears carrying his bomb with its fuse burning on various squadrons' flight jackets and aircraft.

jwalker9
03-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Great bit of history, Ted! Thanks for that information. :cool:

lloyd_m
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM

Chronic,
I'm afraid that I'm with you on this; I was beginning to think that I was the only one. My eyes were taken immediately to this mascot, which is a shame because I like the rest of the design, but if I wanted a watch with a cartoon character on the dial I would have gone to Amazon. It makes this piece look flippant in my opinion. I appreciate that you cannot keep everyone happy, which is just as well as we need a variance in opinion. That's to take nothing away from the obvious hard work and thought that has gone into this and I hope that nobody takes offence. Sorry guys, but the cartoon is a deal breaker for me.

Alt1tude
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Chronic,
I'm afraid that I'm with you on this; I was beginning to think that I was the only one. My eyes were taken immediately to this mascot, which is a shame because I like the rest of the design, but if I wanted a watch with a cartoon character on the dial I would have gone to Amazon. It makes this piece look flippant in my opinion. I appreciate that you cannot keep everyone happy, which is just as well as we need a variance in opinion. That's to take nothing away from the obvious hard work and thought that has gone into this and I hope that nobody takes offence. Sorry guys, but the cartoon is a deal breaker for me.

@ Lloyd: No offence taken! We all have different tastes lloyd and you know how I feel about that other 'Mickey Mouse' British watch brand :) (Well we were on the subject of cartoon characters..)

This is a watch for members and fans of the brand. This 'cartoon' character has it's roots in military aviation and is a favourite with Nick and Giles - it's become the 'unofficial' fan mascot of the brand and I think what better than for him to make his debut on an unofficial fan forum.

There are only 30 watches. If only 5 sell then I know I've gone horribly wrong!

Andyg156
03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I am surprised at you SOLO White Face traitors. Sell the SOLO for a SE? Well at least it's this SE I guess. The grey face clean dial yellow hands...it's my favorite so far...I still wouldn't part with my SOLO/WH-SI. I would just buy another Bremont :-).

Now if it came with a few bags of peanuts...

Fair comment I suppose, but when I only have a army pension to live off, sometimes things have to go to balance the books. 2 watches will never be sold, which leaves a rolex 14060m /IWC UTC / Panerai 001b / SOLO WH-SI and my daily beater Omega PO left. I will probably end up ordering one today and decide on receipt of the watch which should go. Unless I am working again then selling may not be an issue :)

lloyd_m
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
@ Lloyd: No offence taken! We all have different tastes lloyd and you know how I feel about that other 'Mickey Mouse' British watch brand :) (Well we were on the subject of cartoon characters..)

This is a watch for members and fans of the brand. This 'cartoon' character has it's roots in military aviation and is a favourite with Nick and Giles - it's become the 'unofficial' fan mascot of the brand and I think what better than for him to make his debut on an unofficial fan forum.

There are only 30 watches. If only 5 sell then I know I've gone horribly wrong!

No problem Piers; I'm pretty sure that these will sell out in no time.

Embles
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Fair comment I suppose, but when I only have a army pension to live off, sometimes things have to go to balance the books. 2 watches will never be sold, which leaves a rolex 14060m /IWC UTC / Panerai 001b / SOLO WH-SI and my daily beater Omega PO left. I will probably end up ordering one today and decide on receipt of the watch which should go. Unless I am working again then selling may not be an issue :)

I'm with Andy on this one. I'd love to have multiple Bremonts (MB, S2000 and Alt1-C are all high on my wish list) but it can't happen due to current circumstances (AKA 5 year old twin daughters who soak up most of my spare cash!!!) and my other money-draining passion...cycling. So it's not about being a traitor to the Solo it's all to do with affordability. The White Solo is a cracking watch but the SE is very appealing too. In all likelihood though I suspect I will hang onto my Solo...for the time being at least! ;)

Andyg156
03-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Not even 2pm and over half provisionally ordered, good going their Piers.

G-F
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Not even 2pm and over half provisionally ordered, good going their Piers.

Holy cow! 18 watches sold in under 2 hours! That's crazy! Will there be any left by the end of the day???

Alt1tude
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Holy cow! 18 watches sold in under 2 hours! That's crazy! Will there be any left by the end of the day???

I know amazing stuff. Beyond expectations. (I was thinking 5-10 in the first week at best).

Even an employee of Bremont has put their name down to buy one. That is incredibly cool as well!

Flying B
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Wowsers, never thought they would move quite that quickly. Did my final thinking last night and decided to go for it - so have put my name against the DLC version with grey strap (though I think I will likely get a custom strap made at some point). So that would be three Bremonts plus a White Solo sized itch that is still waiting to be scratched, though this may involve saying "adios" to a couple of other watches in the collection - too much cash tied up in timepieces!

Alt1tude
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM
The majority of people have gone for DLC... Only 11 left now

jwalker9
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM

Make that 10. Outstanding!

Flying B
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
...and then there were 9!

Vig2000
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM

Make that 10. Outstanding!

...and then there were 9!

Still at 9, but I just ordered one...

Steve260
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I ordered a DLC before I left for work this morning!

I am SO glad I was able to reserve a SE!!!!

Steve

Vig2000
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Looks like we're at 8 now.

G-F
03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Down to 5 left! :cool:

Alt1tude
03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
4 actually....

Woody
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
4 actually....

I think its safe to say that this is a resounding success. Only 4 left and that's in under 12 hours! I think this could well be a really sought after watch in years to come...roll on May...DLC and grey strap for me:-)

Bc321
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you for all the work to make this happen..... ordered a DLC with Black Vintage.... (although I think the Grey strap may be calling to me too!) Excited to add a 3rd Bremont!

nolanz14
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Good luck with the sales. I'm going to pass right now.

jwalker9
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
As much as I wish I could afford one of these special pieces, I know I can't right now. At first, I was hoping there would be a few to linger on that I could buy later. However, now I really want to see them all spoken for today, in the first 24 hours. How cool!!
Maybe I'll be able to pick one up second hand some day. Congrats to all the buyers! And to Bremont! About $170,00 in watches sold today. I wonder how many days out of the year they sell 30 watches in one day?

Embles
03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
About $170,00 in watches sold today. I wonder how many days out of the year they sell 30 watches in one day?

Not many I suspect! It must be a very good sales day for Bremont and hopefully a sizeable contribution for the 'Walking with the Wounded' charity. Not many left to go now, it would be very impressive if all 30 went today.

jw1000m
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Not many I suspect! It must be a very good sales day for Bremont and hopefully a sizeable contribution for the 'Walking with the Wounded' charity. Not many left to go now, it would be very impressive if all 30 went today.

This is great for all involved and Piers you should be very proud of what you have achieved. It is a great looking watch but for me a little too close to my new MB11 for me to want one (I was secretly hoping for a white face chrono!) but it raises the profile of Bremont and the number of customers wearing them which can only mean that more people will want them and this will assist in holding and increasing re-sale values for those who flip their watches (not for me as I like the growing collection!).

Look forward to seeing one in real life by which point I will be absolutely gutted I didn't buy one when I had the chance.

Well done to all those who have, to Piers, to Bremont and us for choosing Bremont already!!

Jason