Thread: Advice on Gents Solo bracelet fit please

Advice on Gents Solo bracelet fit please

Good Evening,

Iím the proud owner of a special projects solo which has been worn daily for the last 6 months. My line of work can be quite arduous (aircraft engineer) but whenever I have been employed on a tasking which could potentially cause damage (engine change) I have removed it.

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that the bracelet seems to be showing signs of ďplayĒ where it attaches to the watch itself.

I fully appreciate that as it wears in, tolerances will change, but I now have at least 1mm of play on both sides of the bracelet. Is this normal? Have any other owners noticed this?

Iím extremely happy with my purchase, but, the fitting of the bracelet is starting to niggle me somewhat.

Many Thanks in advance.

Taileron,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Solo, and sorry to hear about your bracelet issues. I guess the issue is with the end links? Can you post some pictures of the issue, so we can get a better idea/try to advise?

My bracelet on my S500 has next to no play where you describe, so I'm having a hard time visualising. Was the bracelet bought with the watch?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Taileron,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Solo, and sorry to hear about your bracelet issues. I guess the issue is with the end links? Can you post some pictures of the issue, so we can get a better idea/try to advise?

My bracelet on my S500 has next to no play where you describe, so I'm having a hard time visualising. Was the bracelet bought with the watch?

J.
    Thanks for the response,

My Boeing has no play at all in the bracelet, which is why the fit on the solo was concerning, as you can see it’s quite a large gap which has gradually been increasing in size.

The bracelet was purchased at the same time as the watch.

What do you think?

Many ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	B36E81F5-375B-4962-9CE3-56ABF30B8ED2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	4054
    Last edited by Taileron; 11-24-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Advice on Gents Solo bracelet fit please

I would say you have the wrong end links - in this case, the end link doesn't seem to match the lug profile or depth at all.

Is the link also 'rotating' around in the lugs, as if it's spinning around the spring bar? It looks as if the bottom half of the end-link has rotated 'toward' the case, so it is resting on it? (I hope that makes sense!) If so, I have a different theory.

There were some cases (no pun intended) of the new versions of certain watches having the holes in the lugs in slightly different places, so much so that they will not work with 'older' end links. If it's not the case that the end-links are wrong, this could well be the issue.

A simple call to your AD should rectify the problem fairly easily in the first instance. If that doesn't solve it, PM me.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-24-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I would say you have the wrong end links - in this case, the end link doesn't seem to match the lug profile or depth at all.

Is the link also 'rotating' around in the lugs, as if it's spinning around the spring bar? It looks as if the bottom half of the end-link has rotated 'toward' the case, so it is resting on it? (I hope that makes sense!) If so, I have a different theory.

There were some cases (no pun intended) of the new versions of certain watches having the holes in the lugs in slightly different places, so much so that they will not work with 'older' end links. If it's not the case that the end-links are wrong, this could well be the issue.

A simple call to your AD should rectify the problem fairly easily in the first instance. If that doesn't solve it, PM me.

J.
    Many Thanks for the explanation,

Your description is accurate. I have felt that the end lugs are resting on the case and at time have rotated around the spring bars, excellent fautlt diagnosis skills.....do you want a job on my team��

Unfortunately no AD here in Cyprus, so I shall contact the special projects team and seek direction.

Have a great weekend
    Regards
    Last edited by Taileron; 11-25-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taileron View Post
    Many Thanks for the explanation,

Your description is accurate. I have felt that the end lugs are resting on the case and at time have rotated around the spring bars, excellent fautlt diagnosis skills.....do you want a job on my team��

Have a great weekend
    Regards
    Thanks - very kind of you to say so! Glad I could help.

Keep me updated, please.

J.

Taileron nice solo! Iíll be bringing mine to cyprus too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk