Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A U.S.-UK Get Together

Cool A U.S.-UK Get Together

Evening Crew,

In building on the great work of our erstwhile mods and seniors, may I be so bold as to suggest a combined 2018 U.S-UK get together in Henley next year? This may seem a bit brassy, but I think that's always the best place to start when putting an idea out there, and before it gets watered down to just me and some rando, drinking jaeger shots in a run-down bar in Buenos Aires!

I could easily attend something over the pond with enough lead time, as I suspect could many from this side of the pond (U.S., in case its not clear). I also think it would be great to get all the folks who regularly appear on this board together to talk watches, show off what we have (I'll have a 1918, and perhaps a second--thus, a novice by the standards of many here), and maybe--just maybe--see if we could enlist Nick, and/or Giles, and/or Mike P, etc, join us as part of the evening. I think this would be a way for all of us to get together to share our passion for the brand, and perhaps--if we aimed for summer--Nick/Giles/Mike could even provide a sneak peak as what's coming down the pipe brand and LE wise (with all sworn to secrecy, and cameras and phones banned--sounds like work really!!). It would take some effort to organise, but I'm very happy to offer my services as project secretary to get this off the ground.

If this seems too much, perhaps we could do a London or NY trip instead, and themed around the Boutique. In any event, this is just the germ of an idea. Apart from me, can I get a show of hands for who would be interested conceptually? Let the tumbleweeds and crickets commence--not.

Best,
    Argo

It sounds like a great idea Argo.
    That's one hand up!
    David
    (Nantwich UK AD)

I like that idea Argo and I'd be happy to take the lead, but would need assurance of the members actually turning up! Getting Nick and Giles there will be no bother at all - leave that with me.

What I'd suggest may be something along the lines of a tour of HQ, a few drinks etc in the evening, then in to London to one of the boutiques the following day? I appreciate that not everyone will be able to commit two days - potentially myself included - but it's just an idea!

A further idea may be to combine it with Flying Legends airshow? Tour of HQ on the Friday, airshow on the Saturday? Lots of potential options.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.

My flight lands on Sunday 28th and I'm out on the 31st October - 2018. Let's make it happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp7 View Post
    My flight lands on Sunday 28th and I'm out on the 31st October - 2018. Let's make it happen!

London for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I like that idea Argo and I'd be happy to take the lead, but would need assurance of the members actually turning up! Getting Nick and Giles there will be no bother at all - leave that with me.

What I'd suggest may be something along the lines of a tour of HQ, a few drinks etc in the evening, then in to London to one of the boutiques the following day? I appreciate that not everyone will be able to commit two days - potentially myself included - but it's just an idea!

A further idea may be to combine it with Flying Legends airshow? Tour of HQ on the Friday, airshow on the Saturday? Lots of potential options.

J.
    Morning J and Crew,

Yes, absolutely, I'd be very happy to hand over as you know all the right people. I'm happy to assist in anyway you need, or just be a cheerleader (bit too tall and hairy for a real cheerleader, bit its the thought than counts apparently), and I really like the idea of a combined Henley-London trip. I think that would be great. At this stage, I could conceivably commit two days, although it strikes me that we could do it in one day, starting with Henley in the PM, and then London in the later PM. I like the airshow idea.

As we've a decent amount of 2017 to plan and organise if we are shooting for 2018 Summer, lets treat the idea as a brainstorming exercise and see who can commit conceptually, and what everything would like to do. We can then whittle it down to numbers and likely what and where.

Its nice to see the idea resonates with you guys. I know I'm FNG, but I do think a combined trip for all the U.S-UK bods would be a great idea. I'm very keen.

Best,
    Argo

How many members are Stateside? Does anyone have any ideas?

Best,
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    How many members are Stateside? Does anyone have any ideas?

Best,
    Argo
    Iím in Philadelphia.... would love a meetup in NYC or London!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Count me in for 1 day at least.

Although normally stateside, I'll be in Europe for the next few years so I'll likely make a London gathering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    - TexZan -