Poll: What are your first impressions of the 1918?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont 2017 LE: 1918 RAF 100th Anniversary Watch

Bremont 2017 LE: 1918 RAF 100th Anniversary Watch

The 2017 Bremont Limited Edition watch has officially been announced! Or perhaps, we should call it the 2018 Limited Edition?

This year, the English Brothers have chosen to honor the centennial anniversary of the Royal Air Force by creating the "Bremont 1918" watch for the Heritage Limited Edition collection. This is a move that makes total sense, as aviation heritage is arguably the core belief of the Bremont brand, particularly British aviation. Interestingly, Nick, Giles, and their father, Euan, all learners to fly from the RAF.

Bremont have partnered with the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) and will be donating a percentage of proceeds to support current and former RAF personnel.

The most remarkable feature is the AM/PM indicator that displays a Spitfire dogfight in the Battle of Britain during the daytime hours and the Avro Lancaster bomber flying a night mission in the evening hours. Indeed, a complication that is inherently appropriate for Bremont as a brand, and certainly commemorates RAF legacy quite well.

The watch is said to borrow some styling features from the old RAF sector clocks. If you look at the running seconds register at 9H, you can see the outline of the sector clock, similar to the one seen below.

The outer dial features railroad track details and Bremonts first use of a Telemeter, which is a tool used to approximately measure the distance to an event that can be both seen and heard using the speed of sound.

It appears that the two Gold versions will have both raised numerals and hour markers, where as the SS version will have raised markers, but printed numerals.

In typical Bremont fashion, on the rear case you’ll find some very special metal and wood incorporated into the rotor. The 3 piece propeller blade uses metal from a Bristol Blenheim, a Supermarine Spitfire, and a Hawker Hurricane, all of which flew in the summer of 1940 during the Battle of Britain. In the center, is an original wood veneer from the rudder bar of the Shuttleworth Collections 1917 SE5a. These precious materials represent important aircraft used by the RAF during both World Wars. Below is a diagram of the materials used and how they are incorporated into the rotor.

There are 3 variations of the 1918:

White dial in polished Stainless Steel case for 8,495 GBP/11,495 USD. Limited to 275 pieces.

Black dial in polished Rose Gold case for 15,995 GBP/21,495 USD. Limited to 75 pieces.

Blue dial in polished White Gold case for 16,995 GBP/22,495 USD. Limited to 75 pieces.

The watches are expected to begin shipping in December 2017.

So what are YOUR first impressions? Please vote on the thread poll.

If you plan to purchase one, which of the three models are you planning on?

aBlogToWatch and Hodinkee have their coverage of the 1918 posted up. Be sure to head there as well to read their thoughts and drop some encouraging words in the comments if you like what you see!

Last edited by jwalker9; 10-04-2017 at 09:18 PM.

The white dial is rather lovely - I'm a fan!

It's good to see some iconic aircraft being incorporated in to the watch too - and nice to see the return of a piece of a Spitfire (N3200 - which some here may recall as being the star of a Guy Martin documentary!) to a Bremont Heritage LE piece.

So, who's gonna get one?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Rose gold with black face is stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Wish they made the Blue Dial in SS! Too expensive for me but nice piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Rose Gold for me.....
    Own at present:
    Leander LE
    Codebreaker LE
    Wright Flyer LE
    Michael Wong LE
    DH-88 LE (in 2 weeks)
    Boeing 100 LE
    Boeing 747 (Military)
    216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary)
    U2 DLC

I'd go for the SS white, but they all hit the mark��

Very nice indeed a blue would be nice to go with my DH88 and white Boeing mk1
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 10-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Bremont go through their design and development of a watch as so many times they come up such original ideas and designs, well done guys ��

I too like the SS White dial! I have always loved the am/pm or moon phase complications on Watches! This has topped my list of watch features that Bremont has not incorporated in any of their Watches and now leaves me hoping that it finds its way onto a non LE! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Here’s a few more lovely images of the 1918!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jwalker9; 10-04-2017 at 08:48 PM.