Thread: Bremont Briefing - Summer 2017

Bremont Briefing - Summer 2017

I was delighted to receive a copy of the latest briefing in the post this morning. As usual it contains some interesting articles including one on the history of the Supermarine S6.B with some photos inset of the new Type 300 watch, never knew that the Type 300 was the prototype of the Spitfire itself.

Other articles refer to the firms involvement as a partner with the Henley Royal Regatta and the latest news about the America's Cup. As usual the Military and Special Projects division get a look in with a piece of the auction of an F-15 ''Eagle Driver'' watch in aid of the Red River Fighter Pilots Association's charity efforts. They also take the time to feature the Airco range as well as the Norton V4 limited edition.

If I have a disappointment its with the BREMONTSPOTTED piece, lots of photos of the likes of Orlando Bloom, Claire Balding, Damien Lewis et al wearing their Bremont watches but the paparazzi have overlooked me although I wear my Altitude LE on a regular basis to the most prestigious social events here in the Cotswolds, like the annual cheese rolling contest, my photo must be on the picture editors floor!

Oh well, I may still win the flight in the Spitfire: fuel on, mixture rich, pitch fine ----------- clear prop!

Cheers
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    As usual it contains some interesting articles including one on the history of the Supermarine S6.B with some photos inset of the new Type 300 watch, never knew that the Type 300 was the prototype of the Spitfire itself.
    Indeed. K5054 was a Supermarine Type 300 - only later, a few months after its first flight, did it become the Spitfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post

If I have a disappointment its with the BREMONTSPOTTED piece, lots of photos of the likes of Orlando Bloom, Claire Balding, Damien Lewis et al wearing their Bremont watches but the paparazzi have overlooked me although I wear my Altitude LE on a regular basis to the most prestigious social events here in the Cotswolds, like the annual cheese rolling contest, my photo must be on the picture editors floor!
    Cheese rolling!? There must be potential for a Bremont Military & Special Projects edition there somewhere? Maybe with a case made out of NZ Cheddar?

J.

How does one get included in the briefings? I am feeling somewhat left out here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Indeed. K5054 was a Supermarine Type 300 - only later, a few months after its first flight, did it become the Spitfire.

Cheese rolling!? There must be potential for a Bremont Military & Special Projects edition there somewhere? Maybe with a case made out of NZ Cheddar?

J.
    Or a Briemont......

[QUOTE=shedlock2000;27554]How does one get included in the briefings? I am feeling somewhat left out here!

could you get a copy from the office in NewYork? If they cannot help I have a cunning plan!

Cheers
    Gavin

[QUOTE=Sunray02;27558]
    Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    How does one get included in the briefings? I am feeling somewhat left out here!

could you get a copy from the office in NewYork? If they cannot help I have a cunning plan!

Cheers
    Gavin
    Ooooo! I love a cunning plan! Whaddya have in mind, Gavin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Ooooo! I love a cunning plan! Whaddya have in mind, Gavin?

Well, a 'cunning plan' was a slight exaggeration!! If you send me a pm with your name and address I will simply post it to you once i have thoroughly digested it - I don't know how long airmail stuff takes to arrive in distant Alberta but it's the best I can think of!

Cheers,
    Gavin

I haven't received anything this year. Maybe because I haven't bought a timepiece. Eh, I will survive.

Enjoy.......

Bremont must have more than one mailing list, I have not bought anything this year either! With the newsletter came a Dear Gavin letter signed by Nick and Giles- a photo copy, not that personal!! The first paragraph, ''We hope you are still enjoying your Bremont timepiece and are delighted to send you a copy of the Bremont Briefing Summer 2017 issue'' Above my name and address in the usual top left position was (365). Did anyone else receive similar?

As for the Briefing it was indeed a most interesting read.

Cheers
    Gavin

As is usual a very nice touch from the Brothers, enjoy Gavin.