Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tornado F3 special edition MB.

Yarders,
    I always ask politely!
    N.

Antoniopd and Oracle,
    Kind words and I'm glad you found the post informative.
    Thanks.
    Noody.

Wise words my friend, wise words.

A large Airbase, Somewhere near Oxford.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Noody View Post
    Hi,

I was fortunate enough to take receipt of the first MBII/F3 yesterday and in my joyous posting on Twitter was asked to give a quick insight to the project here.

The Project.

The Tornado F3 provided the Air Defence capability of the RAF from 1986 till 2011. Last year a group of us decided that a special watch to commemorate its service life was called for and it became quickly apparent that there was a thirst for something different from previous special editions. Bremont was suggested as an alternative and after contact with the fantastic Catherine Villeneuve the project got a green light.

The Theme.

The MBII was selected for the obvious reason of the connection to the ejection seats that we had sat on, but also due to the level of personalisation that Bremont could offer. The Red fleet badge was chosen as the basis for the dial design and the service dates of the aircraft included. We went through a couple of design options and I've attached one for interest. The final decision was made democratically, 25 'Alpha' male fighter mates shouted each other into submission. The barrel colours allowed for personalisation to taste. RAF fighters have what are known as 'Fighter Bars' on them which are coloured stripes representing different Squadrons. My watch is DLC/Titanium for 25(F) Sqn, some had DLC/Yellow for 11(F) Sqn etc. The end result was very individual watches that had lots of connections to the F3.

Differences from Retail.

Obviously DLC is not available on retail and we were delighted that Bremont offered us this option. The other main difference on the watch is in the inner bezel. We wanted the ability to have 'Zulu' time displayed but were unable to use the MBIII. The simple solution therefore was to add a second time zone on the bezel to allow two times to read off the hour hand. I also think it's created a really clean look to the face.

I hope this is informative, brief enough to be interesting, and if there are any questions please feel free to ask.

It's a pleasure to have joined the club!

Noody.
    So sorry to be late to the party.... Is the F3 watch available to all the dedicated, undermanned, overstretched, detachment fulfilling, flying hours enabling, ADF accepting GROUNDCREW who have diligently served the F3 fleet for years, decades in some cases (10 years in my case)...?

Tornado F3 special edition MB.

Quote Originally Posted by RAF_Groundcrew View Post
    So sorry to be late to the party.... Is the F3 watch available to all the dedicated, undermanned, overstretched, detachment fulfilling, flying hours enabling, ADF accepting GROUNDCREW who have diligently served the F3 fleet for years, decades in some cases (10 years in my case)...?
    Absolutely - a seperate version of the watch was made for you. The differences are the standard MBII chapter ring and the seconds hand is a non-MB ejection handle version.

Have PM'd you pictures.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 12-07-2017 at 09:48 AM.