Page 287 of 288 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2880

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Nice! What are your thoughts?
    The brushed case looks great in person along with the reverse panda dial which has some of the best lume I've ever seen on a watch. Nice touch that it comes with a lovely leather travel wallet a la Bremont instead of a 2ft cubed box that just takes space up at the bottom of your wardrobe.

Negatives to me are that the leather strap just feels cheap and has a plastic look to it. I've never been a massive fan of NATO straps so that'll never get used so first job is to find a nice strap combo that compliments the watch. Also even after reading all the marketing bumf I still can't quite undertsand the lay out of the subdials with some numerals one way and others the other ie sub seconds 20 mark and hour 4 & 5 same way yet the 30 minute dial the 10 is upside down, seems odd not to have them all facing the same direction.

Definitely looks better in person than it does in photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    The brushed case looks great in person along with the reverse panda dial which has some of the best lume I've ever seen on a watch. Nice touch that it comes with a lovely leather travel wallet a la Bremont instead of a 2ft cubed box that just takes space up at the bottom of your wardrobe.

Negatives to me are that the leather strap just feels cheap and has a plastic look to it. I've never been a massive fan of NATO straps so that'll never get used so first job is to find a nice strap combo that compliments the watch. Also even after reading all the marketing bumf I still can't quite undertsand the lay out of the subdials with some numerals one way and others the other ie sub seconds 20 mark and hour 4 & 5 same way yet the 30 minute dial the 10 is upside down, seems odd not to have them all facing the same direction.

I recently read about the US produced Speedmasters (Think it was Hodinkee) . A small batch were cased under license by a US manufacturer to get around a US government requirement to only buy US products. These were custom models for NASA and the main features were a brushed or peened case that was less reflective when in Space and a slightly different layout of the units on the subdial. It went on to mention that those attributes were copied for the Tuesday but with the reverse panda.

Not a Bremont today..... getting ready for the Eagles game.

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Tudor Black Bay Red today...

Richard

Evening Rich, had a look at the new speedy racing yesterday after a call from my local AD, very nice looking watch but have to agree with chunks on the strap front, very thin and cheap feel to it or we are being spoilt by Bremont.

Many thanks for passing on your thoughts on the watch. It's a lovely looking piece for sure, one which I tried to get but clearly failed!! Just out of interest, with it being a brushed case, is there an Omega bracelet that would go on the watch?

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Many thanks for passing on your thoughts on the watch. It's a lovely looking piece for sure, one which I tried to get but clearly failed!! Just out of interest, with it being a brushed case, is there an Omega bracelet that would go on the watch?
    Here you go. Not my photo but one taken from the Speedy Tuesday thread on Omega Forums. The bracelet is a 1171 with 633 endlinks. Looks good but I prefer Speedys on leather.

Here you go. Not my photo but one taken from the Speedy Tuesday thread on Omega Forums. The bracelet is a 1171 with 633 endlinks. Looks good but I prefer Speedys on leather.

That's awesome! Thanks for the pic and the info

Back from the spa.... had to replace the crystal which I️ scratched....

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer