Thread: Hands on with the P-51

Hands on with the P-51

You'll have seen Piers' photos already. Sorry I'm so late to the party! I was lucky enough to be dragged out of the hat first, and therefore attended the 2011 Duxford Flying Legends show last weekend courtesy of Bremont. A massive thanks to Nick, Giles, Sarah and all at Bremont. They even managed to fix it for me to sit in the cockpit of FBA!

Some of you may recall that my biggest regret is not getting an EP120. Well. I think have a new favourite. The P-51 really is incredible.

Having sat in the cockpit of FBA, I can see why they struggled to replicate the honeyed colour of the dials / instruments in the colour of the SuperLuminova. But they've managed it. It's incredibly pretty. A real tribute to the 'plane too. You can really see the design cues they've taken from FBA and built into the watch. Very, very clever. And the new version of the Roto-Clik is smoother than the MB2 and has a really good feel to it.

Cockpit by Noodlefish, on Flickr

8-Day Clock by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Star by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Front on by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Fragile but Agile Tail by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Bremont P-51 by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Bremont P-51 seconds by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Bremont P-51 back by Noodlefish, on Flickr

I love this watch by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Bremont P-51 Roto-Clik(TM) by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Bremont P-51 caseback by Noodlefish, on Flickr

M

thanks for the cracking report mat ! i love the star on the bezel crown - think that was one detail missing at basel. so - have you got your name down for one of these then...?

Very cool, nice pictures Matt, for me the EP120 was a better design although love the propeller Rotor and how well it reflects the original, had not seen the cockpit dials to appriciate the lume match.

I got a quick video of the watch and caseback whilst there the propellor is great - will upload when I'm back in the country.

Milton Keynes, UK and Los Angeles California
    Doesn't get much better than this really. When I met with Giles at the Jaguar event he mentioned the Dial and Lume was proving to be tricky but it looks like they nailed it. Amazing. Looking forward to being one of the few lucky ones.

The lume certainly did take time, but in low light conditions seems to work well which is great. Thanks for the comments guys.

Wow. Looks great. All around a awesome piece.

Tom

Cheers Nick, and congrats on the finished piece! Can't wait to see what else you guys have under the cuff in months to come.

Looks a lovely watch, prefer the EP-120, but thats more because of Aircraft type rather than the watch design, I'd really love a P-51, but just not sure the finance's would stretch that far right now. Anyone know how many are not ordered yet, I've heard that 2/3 or so are already pre sold.